Gaining already????

Johnsolm
on 6/19/16 1:55 pm
VSG on 06/08/16

I am 11 days post op--doing great and follow all doctor's orders. For the past 2 days I have gained .2--how can I possibly be gaining??? I have only lost 10lbs since surgery--meeting all fluid and protein requirements. Any advice would be appreciated.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/19/16 4:03 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Your body is going thru a WTF? & I hate you so much right now phase.lol Really it's all the fluids & stuff you're given for the surgery so you'll see a lot of fluctuations scale wise. Take it easy, your body is in healing mode & it'll take awhile b4 it gets its groove back.

Hope you have a speedy recovery & Welcome to the losers bench!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Donna L.
on 6/19/16 5:23 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Weight fluctuates naturally each day even when we aren't trying to lose weight, nevermind after surgery.  10 pounds since surgery in 11 days is pretty fantastic, actually.  

Weight loss is a long journey. It will take me another 1-2 years to hit goal... it's a slow process sometimes.  Our bodies adjust and are dynamic.  They are not a closed system that operates perfectly every second.  Stress, sleep, mood, environment, and definitely surgery all affect weight loss, too.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Johnsolm
on 6/19/16 5:36 pm
VSG on 06/08/16

Thank you so much!!! I just needed some reassurance! 

Tracy D.
on 6/20/16 12:36 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It is physically impossible for you to be gaining fat right now - remember that!  Just because the scale goes up it doesn't automatically mean you are getting fatter.  You are retaining water.  A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs.  

My advice, stay off the scale.  Your body is in a bit of turmoil right now so soon after surgery and will protect itself in a variety of ways - retaining water is one of them.  Keep on your plan and don't let your emotions be ruled by daily fluctuations of the scale.  That path leads to insanity 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics