Questions on MEAT Diet reset

BeautifulMe84
on 6/20/16 6:31 am
VSG on 03/10/16

Thanks so much for all the information. I'm not far out yet and maybe I don't need to do a re-set to get back on plan. I was just real curious about the meat plan, I see it works very well for people. I think I am going to try it out for a week or so to maybe get my weight loss started again. I tend to lose very slow and hit a lot of stalls. Thanks again Julie.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/20/16 7:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sounds good! Just make sure to drink LOTS of water, and be prepared with something like Miralax or Colace-- a lot of people get quite stopped up when eating so much meat and less fiber.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Mary Gee
on 6/19/16 10:27 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I posted a few times about the 5 Day Meat Reset  I am two years out.  Last year I started having problems, and problems continued.  Just last month my problems resolved and I wanted to get back on track.  I was trying hard, but I had been eating breads for several months.  Luckily I had only gained 10 pounds over the months.  I was watching what I ate, but was not compliant with my program.  I read about the 5DMR, and decided to try it.  I didn't weigh myself when I started, but I knew I would be seeing my doctor in about 10 days.  When I went for my monthly appointment, I was 18 pounds since my last appointment.  So, since I had been making a real effort to stay on program, I can't say all 18 pounds were lost on the 5DMR.  However, I feel better since I eliminated breads and other starches.                                                                                Your cir****tances are different.  You are not far out from surgery.  You may be a slow loser, but if you are following your plan, you will continue to lose.  You may hit a stall, but that's not unusual.  You body needs to adjust and you'll probably lose inches at that time, so don't be discouraged.  Generally, our programs are:  Calories... up to 800; Carb... up to 40; Protein... at least 65; Fluids... at least 64oz.  Eat dense protein first, then veggies.         Good luck to you.                                                                                                                                       

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

BeautifulMe84
on 6/20/16 6:39 am
VSG on 03/10/16

I'm so happy you got back on track with the 5DMR...Congrats to you. Yes, my cir****tances are different I'm still new to trying to figure out what works best for me and my sleeve. I will get there that's all that matters at this point. Everyone here inspires me to keep going and not to give up on myself. I will continue to stick to plan. 

happyteacher
on 6/20/16 11:14 am

Sometimes the Internet is a scary place. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics