Would love to hear from anyone who has had Revision Surgery Lapband to VGS

angel-arizona
on 6/17/16 4:04 pm

Good afternoon,

I would love to hear from anyone who has any insights to having revision surgery Lapband to VGS. 1) How do you feel about your VGS 2) Any reflux issues. 3) Would you do it again. 

I had to have my band unfilled do to slippage and reflux issues. I have been approved for VGS surgery that will have to wait until Sep due to travel plans. 

I appreciate any and all comments.

Thanks,

Angel

rocky513
on 6/17/16 4:20 pm - WI

There are lots of revisions from the lapband surgery to VSG and RNY on this site.  Go to the blue bar at the top or the page and click the little magnifying glass.  Search "lapband to VSG revision" and you will get hundreds of threads that discuss it.  Somewhere in there you should find any answers you may be looking for.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

angel-arizona
on 6/17/16 4:29 pm

Thanks!!

Kelly L.
on 6/17/16 5:44 pm

I didn't have the lapband, but I wanted to say congrats for getting approved!  

Karen D.
on 6/21/16 6:06 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

I had the band from 2006 to 11/2015.  I was miserable for most of those years.  When my insurance changed I found out VSG was covered.  I was at a point where I couldn't eat solid food well anymore.  They found an issue when I had an upper GI so it was grounds for removal.  I revised in 1 surgery and couldn't be happier.

I can eat anything now.  I do not get food stuck, I eat small portions and slowly I'm losing weight.  My doc said I won't lose as fast having a 2nd bariatric surgery than someone who has only had 1.  I do take Prilosec because I have a bit of heartburn if I don't take it daily.  It's not bad and I am trying to wean off it.

I don't think you'll regret having it out.  It has made my life so much happier and I weigh less now, than I did 30 years ago!

angel-arizona
on 6/21/16 10:12 am

Thank you. I dont have a date set yet, but will be done before Sept.  The plan is a singIe surgery, I am a little anxious. I didnt want to do Gastric Bypass just seems more extreme than I want to go. I too have had a lot of issues with my band and I am glad to be unfilled havent slept this well on years ?. You would think less stomach less acids,  less heart burn. Again Thanks for answering.

angel-arizona
on 6/21/16 10:13 am

Thank you. I dont have a date set yet, but will be done before Sept.  The plan is a singIe surgery, I am a little anxious. I didnt want to do Gastric Bypass just seems more extreme than I want to go. I too have had a lot of issues with my band and I am glad to be unfilled havent slept this well on years ?. You would think less stomach less acids,  less heart burn. Again Thanks for answering.

P goode
on 6/22/16 9:45 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

I don't really think you would call me a revision, since 4 yrs and 5 months passed between lap band removal and vsg.  I do however, think this sleeve is going to be the trick.  I had no restriction with the band till I started getting fills, and then things intermittently would get stuck, ect.  I lost well, but after an erosion it had to come out.  I lost more weight after that on medifast, but couldn't keep it up due to expense and it was oly 800-1000 cal. per day without restriction. You have immediate restriction which is better than the band with vsg. I do seem to be losing slower, and that is most likely due to my body being accustomed to severe calorie restriction from before.  We will see as I am only 6 weeks out.

Good luck!

P

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

Most Active
Recent Topics