One month post op - Why did I do this?

handtlkr
on 6/18/16 7:11 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

Stalls are discouraging.  Evaluate what you are doing, and if you are doing the right thing, they will happen and they will move on.  I FINALLY broke a 3-month stall and I'm only 6 months out from surgery.  It was quite discouraging.  I kept evaluating what I was eating, the types of food I was eating, changed up the exercise routines, so many things, which nothing seemed to help. Finally, this week, I've dropped 4 pounds and hope this trend will continue.  I don't know why I had such a long stall, but, I know I had the surgery because I could eat so little food and not lose weight.  However, I'd always feel like I was starving.  Now I can eat so little food and not feel hungry.

It was funny when my sister-in-law, who somehow had not gotten the word about my surgery, commented on how disciplined I was with my eating, and I stopped before eating all the gumbo my brother had served me.  You can only go so far, and have to stop.  But, as long as you're staying with the plan, the stall will move on.  I've had 2-week stalls before.  It seemed like every two weeks I would stall, then drop 12 pounds suddenly.  So, when this 3-month stall started, I figured it was my usual 2-week stall. I kept doing what I was supposed to, and finally I'm hoping to see some steady results. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

Most Active
Recent Topics