Low Blood Pressure

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 4:16 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Hey guys,

I am struggling again with low blood pressure.  I drink Gatorade Low Cal and salt my food - to keep my fluids and salt intake up.  I am getting labs run tomorrow but I have been feeling really odd lately.  I drink plenty of fluids and yet skin is still dry, getting out of a chair is sometimes iffy - feels like I may pass out, then I get hot and feel like my breathing gets faster.

I am 4 years out - is anyone else experiencing this?

I am a bit scared.  Plus I fell off the wagon hard core.  I have not been working out and I know I lost muscle and gained fat.  I feel it in my jeans that I have been wearing for the last 3 years.  I REFUSE to buy any jeans - I am staying in these and not moving up a size.  I have a long road ahead of me...just having a rough time now.

If anyone is experiencing the low blood pressure thing....please, please offer advice and share your experiences with me.  I am not sure if I am the only one having this issue!

Thank you so much!!!!

iloveravens
on 6/15/16 5:06 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

Yes, mine runs low most of the time.  I drink at least a gallon of water per day & add a little salt here and there.  Definitely get your labs done.  Could be low iron, B12, D, etc.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 6:35 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I am pretty good with my vitamins... I am not sure what else it can be. Hopefully labs will tell. 

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Kelly L.
on 6/15/16 6:06 pm

Hi, for the last 2 wks I have had low blood pressure, but I don't know why.   I am not bad to add salt to anything except maybe eggs.  My labs were perfect other than this though.   I asked them if there were meds for this and they said no.   I just got back on track with things in order to reach goal.   Try the 5daymeat test, I don't have the link, but maybe someone will chime in.   Good luck!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 6:43 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I am worried because my labs have all been fine in the past and I am still doing everything I was since then. Maybe this is just a result that happens? It is a bit scary to feel like we are going to pass out. Thank you for your response. 

robinreinhardt
on 6/16/16 1:10 pm

I've actually passed out too. So scary and really hurts to fall on cement like I did. Get your labs done or call your PCP or surgeon.

R

happyteacher
on 6/15/16 8:02 pm

4.5 years out here, and have gone back and forth with low blood pressure. This works for me typically:

Powerade zero- get the electrolytes back in balance

Sodium- eat stuff high in salt, usually sugar free pickles

Occasionally I would take a salt pill 

Any chance your blood sugar might be going a little low? 

I had surgery on Monday, and my blood pressure kept coming up low. No medicine was given, but it was monitored closely. By the time I got home I was up to 92/53 so better. Still, going to keep up on the Powerade zero and a little extra sodium for now. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/15/16 8:06 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thanks for advice... I try and salt as much as I can. It is so strange to salt because for years I fought edema! I did pop in some chocolate to get sugars back up. Sounds like I may be "normal" if others are experiencing this too. I am sure my labs will come out fine tomorrow. The doctor did tell me to eat pickles too!:)

cappy11448
on 6/16/16 3:56 am

You are not alone.  I had low blood pressure for about a year now.  My cardiologist told me to eat more salt -which was great because I love salt.  It is getting better over time.  It hasn't been a problem in months.  I hope I'm past it, and that you will be past it soon.

best wishes,

Carol.

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Darcy G.
on 6/16/16 5:20 am
VSG on 04/07/16

I'm a recent post-op, but I have this a lot. I suspect the rhythem medicinal I take for afib is my culprit, but it IS scary.

If you slow down the standing up process, it might help. By slow down I mean, feet on the floor, lesning forward for a good minute before standing... Then standing but not walking for several seconds, until you noticibly don't get that horrible sinking feeling... And sitting right back down if you do get it, waiting a minute before trying ggain.

If I eet it, mine clears up much faster if I bend at the waist and lean, like on  table or something solid. Then I can straighten and go about my business...

It IS possible to faint dead away like this, so don't just try to power through it! Might end up on the floor and then everyone freaks OUT.

Good luck with diagnosis, hope it's easily managed.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Most Active
Recent Topics