Getting back on track

stacey1099
on 6/14/16 12:28 pm

What should I do to get back on track? Should I start with a liquid diet and follow the post op diet or do I just start drinking all the water again and maintain a low calorie intake?

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 12:54 pm

Depends on your goals and how you have been off track. Do you want to lose some weight? Are you dealing with regain? Are you in a carb cycle? Believe it or not, it is relevant. The farther one gets out, the less of a one size fits all program living with VSG becomes. Sure, there are some great tried and true baseline rules (protein first, etc...) but I have found that having a clear idea of what you want out of getting back on track is key. 

If you want to lose weight, make sure that that really is what you want. If it isn't, getting back on a weight loss track will be hard. Do you miss having restriction? Are you grazing? What are your issues? (You don't have to tell us, just know what they are so you can make a good choice on how to treat getting back on track.)

stacey1099
on 6/14/16 1:03 pm

I want to lose about 25 more pounds. It is reasonable because I was there at one time.  I do have a restriction feeling.  It's a matter of putting the right foods in my mouth and getting back to the water intake. I suppose I know what I have to do, its just getting motivated. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/16 1:17 pm

I would recommend a three day detox. This involves....

1. committing to at least 64 oz of water per day. Other beverages do not count! 
  2. cutting out all the crap carbs! No sugar, no refined flour, bread, rice, potatoes, crackers, cookies, etc..
  3. eating AS MUCH PROTEIN as it takes to keep you satisfied and hunger free.
  4. NEVER EVER going low carb and low fat at the same time. Doing this will make it impossible for you to be successful those first three days. 
  5. eating green vegetables, and no fruit other than berries for three days. 
  6. eating as many meals as it takes to keep you from eating carbs - however, don't graze. Sit down and eat that high protein meal. 

After a three day detox, go back to what works for most of us - weighing and measuring food, logging and tracking calories, keep your carbs low (under 40 is ideal IMO, but under 60 seems to work for a lot of people) and get at least 80-100 grams of protein per day. I personally aim for 120+ grams of protein per day when I need to drop a few pounds. 

So, that is a brief overview of what I recommend. One thing you have to do is be willing to commit to the work it will take to STAY on track. 

Best of luck! 

You may want to check out Allison's article posted yesterday. It is a great reference for what you are dealing with. Here's the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/the-6-steps-i-used-to-lo se-weight-regain

stacey1099
on 6/14/16 2:13 pm

Thank you so much!!!!!

Kelly L.
on 6/14/16 1:16 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum!   There are a lot of us trying to get back to basics and lose the weight.   I am doing the protein and veggies and drinking lots of water routine.   I don't have a lot of hunger and I still have great restriction when I eat dense protein.    So my sleeve is still working, I just have to cooperate with it and do my part.   I wish you luck on getting back on track!!

stacey1099
on 6/15/16 7:30 am

Thank you!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/14/16 1:41 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Try this, helps with getting back on track. 

https://fivedaymeattest.wordpress.com/

Good luck to you! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/14/16 3:07 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Hi Stacey 

I read your posting history, and it looks like you asked this same question a year ago.  I think deep down in your heart, you know what you need to do.  Tracking, avoiding carbs, eating dense protein - there is no magic bullet for weight loss.

T recommended the Five Day Meat Test.  It's a great way to decarb and eat foods that will be more beneficial for weight loss.  Good luck!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

stacey1099
on 6/14/16 4:34 pm

Thank you. I'm going to try that

Most Active
Recent Topics