Anyone having surgery this week?

lucylewis847
on 6/17/16 8:37 pm
VSG on 06/15/16

How are you?!? How did surgery go?  I'm home and honestly doing really well. Today I got in 44 g of protein and about 50 oz of liquids.  But it was WORK. 

chaplainJess
on 6/18/16 4:46 am

Surgery went great! I came home Friday. The nurses were so wonderful! You are rocking it with the protein. Your right about it being work. Yesterday I was doing better with cold water, so I focused on staying hydrated. Only got about 4 oz of protien shake in, but plenty of water. Today I'm really going to focus on the shakes. I gained about 5 pounds from the iv fluids, But I knew to expect it and it's slowly coming off. 

Were on the losers bench!

lucylewis847
on 6/18/16 5:10 am
VSG on 06/15/16

If you can stomach it (sad pun, I know) try Isopure zero carb.  They're clear liquids but have 40g of protein. 

I also gained 5lbs of fluids. It's coming off day by day.  Is your belly making ridiculous noises? Mine is loud enough to wake up my dogs! Haha!  

We are DOING THIS!!!! Congrats!

cassinetti
on 6/13/16 4:41 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

Good luck

Anita
on 6/14/16 6:21 pm

Hey Lucy........good luck tomorrow.....let us know when you're up to posting........don't worry about anything!!

Remember, you're going to feel uncomfortable, unhappy, sore, scared and any other things that can happen post op.....just go with the flow - EVERYONE has the gamut of emotions right after surgery.....it's the stinking anesthesia that does that to you. Just keep telling yourself  that this is going to get better and you aren't alone. You have a super support system behind you cheering you on. By Friday or Saturday you'll start to feel better and I suspect that by Sunday you'll be saying.....pfft...I've got this!!!

Catch you on the flip side ....when you're officially on the Loser's Bench!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

lucylewis847
on 6/17/16 8:41 pm
VSG on 06/15/16

How are you Anita? I'm two days out and feeling great!  I expected this to be much worse. Honestly- the worst is constipation and my sore throat from being intubated.  Also, my three year old doesn't always remember that I'm sore...!my belly is making some bizarre noises. Otherwise, I'm looks my forward to this new life!

Anita
on 6/20/16 8:09 am

Hi Lucy.....great news!!! Sorry I didn't respond on Friday, but I was away for the weekend and had no computer access other than my phone and I hate trying to get messages out from that tiny "keyboard"

As for constipation.....don't laugh, but broth from French Onion Soup cleared me right out and I've been fine since then....all systems are working. So, now I know (actually I always knew that was the magic potion for me) that any time things get stopped up....go for the French Onion soup......no crouton.....

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

jodieg8er
on 6/15/16 8:18 am
VSG on 06/16/16

My surgery is on Thursday!  They moved the date of my surgery up, so I really didn't have time to do the liquid diet.  You are probably already in surgery as of this time...so good luck!!! 

Jodie M.

• Surgery June 16, 2016 - Dr. Seth Judd
  • Before:  251 Pounds, 5'7"
Ncmamamia
on 7/6/16 7:08 pm
VSG on 06/14/16

How are you doing? 

jodieg8er
on 7/7/16 5:09 am
VSG on 06/16/16

I am doing fantastic.  For a few days after the surgery, I had some issues with acid in my stomach which got painful at night.  I started taking an additional over-the-counter acid relief and it fixed it.  Today is 3 weeks since the day of my surgery.  I really disliked the liquids phase and although I was supposed to stay on it for 2 weeks, I only could manage 1 week.  Then I moved to pureed foods and gradually moved to soft foods.  I have not eaten any meats yet - I have been mostly eating cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, bean soups, and raviolis.  I have been trying to find foods that are higher in protein.  I have lost about 35 pounds and fit in my clothes from a few years ago, which thankfully I saved.  I went back to work 3 days ago, and although I am really tired at night, I feel good.  I am happy to say that the surgery was much easier than I feared it would be and I have done very well with it. 

Jodie M.

• Surgery June 16, 2016 - Dr. Seth Judd
  • Before:  251 Pounds, 5'7"
Most Active
Recent Topics