Anyone having surgery this week?

lucylewis847
on 6/12/16 9:22 am
VSG on 06/15/16

I'm having surgery on Wednesday.  As I said in my last post, I'm extremely excited and ready.  I'm 15 pounds down from the start of my liquid diet!  I'd love to share this experience with someone who's "crossing the line" this week. 

Anita
on 6/12/16 9:44 am

Hey there......woo hoo.....3 more days!!!!

As you know, my surgery was Monday....I'm down 7 pounds since then. I know you've done plenty of research and reading here, so I'm not going to be telling you anything you don't already know.....

You will feel like crap for a day or so....maybe even 2 or 3...........I PROMISE you.....it will get better. I went home on Wednesday and by Thursday I felt human....a little wobbly, but I'm twice your age, so I figure that has a lot to do with it. By Friday, I was ready to roll (slowly, but roll none the less). We went out for dinner on Friday night and I ordered soup with nothing in it....clear broth.....it was good and I was happy. Warm seems to go down better right now, but I like my water ice cold and that also has been going down just fine. Yesterday I drove for a while to go to the bank and one of the local stores and today I'm about to go to a party (I'll be the one sitting by the pool sipping water).

Bottom line.....we all have fears and angst.....let it happen and understand that you are not alone.....you have the support of the important people and the ones who aren't supportive........F' em..................if they ask you questions, just ask them why they need to know. Seriously, if they can't be supportive before you do this, what makes you think they will be supportive after? They probably are waiting for the first instance where they see you slow down or even stumble so they can say....See - I told you this wasn't a good idea.....  I hate people like that!!

So, you're doing great....you will do great and you have a support system both at home and here.....WINNING!!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Chiyo
on 6/12/16 3:25 pm - Rutherford, NJ

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I stumbled on this site in my search for information about VSG.  Can someone help me please what's the first step to take when considering VSG?  Do I go to my GP and let them know I want to have it done or do I go straight to a bariatric surgeon/center/.   

Not sure if insurance will cover, but I am definitely at least 100 pounds overweight with a BMI of 39.  I've tried many diets and exercise, but always always short lived.

Would be glad for any information you can throw my way on what my first steps should be.

Chiyo

Kelly L.
on 6/12/16 4:17 pm

Congrats on your upcoming surgery, I know you are very excited!

Ncmamamia
on 6/12/16 10:44 pm
VSG on 06/14/16

I am having my Vsg on Tuesday...I'm excited and nerves are starting to hit me. It's starting to feel real now lol good luck to you!!

lucylewis847
on 6/13/16 7:26 pm
VSG on 06/15/16

Good luck!  Let's stay in touch.  I'm so nervous!!!! Thinking of you and wishing you the best tomorrow!

Ncmamamia
on 7/6/16 7:06 pm
VSG on 06/14/16

How you been doing? What things have you been eating? Crazy how I'm not hungry most days and have to force myself something. The liquid stage was ok the first week, the 2nd week not so much. Broth is disgusting now hahaha. Tuna has been my thing of choice. Kinda getting sick of it. What's the difference between puréed and soft? Sick of mashed pinto beans. I need suggestions please. Down 22 since June 14. 

How do you add the weight loss ticker?

lucylewis847
on 6/17/16 8:38 pm
VSG on 06/15/16

How are you? Just checking in... I think I'm doing pretty good! 

PreacherTeacher
on 6/13/16 12:03 am

Friday Morning at 7 AM.

chaplainJess
on 6/13/16 8:04 am

My surgery is Wednesday too! I'm so excited and worried all at the same time. I'm a little worried about being on clear liquids all day tomorrow. I'll be at the hospital at 5 a.m. for a 7:00 surgery! I've have two weeks of opti and lost 8 pounds so far. We are almost there!

34y 5'7

HW: 290

SW: surgery June 15th!!!

CW: 263

Most Active
Recent Topics