Some people just don't get it.

diane S.
on 6/17/16 4:02 pm

Say "Yes, I tried the cabbage diet but it caused me to blurt out stupid things all the time. You must be on it" Gotta admit no one said bad stuff to my face except one friend who offered to come over every day and go walking with me so I wouldn't have to do it.  diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

McLassie
on 6/17/16 8:29 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Yeah, because walking will help everything! I walk every ding dong day and I have an active job as a nurse and it doesn't matter. I heard a coworker say to another coworker before her surgery, "Why don't you just go to the gym?"

Seriously. Do these people think our first choice is to go under the knife?

diane S.
on 6/17/16 11:46 pm

Wright on, don,t these people know we have spent years trying to fix this, like duh. Diane s

diane S.
on 6/18/16 4:52 pm

I mean "right on". Double Duh.  Diane S.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/16 11:16 pm - Eugene , OR
VSG on 04/17/17

I've decided not to tell anyone. Besides my soon to be husband.  I don't want his parents to know. Not my children. I just want to focus on me. I have some family members that are huge into crossfit & working out 7 days a week. I'm not into that not is my body. I gave it a whirl. I don't want to hear what THEY think. It's about ME not them. 

I shall Do What I want! 

lking
on 6/19/16 7:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

The best response is no response at all.  A simple roll of you eyes and move on to a different subject is a good response. You do not need to defend your decision to have the surgery.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Smallbites2015
on 6/19/16 9:07 am, edited 6/19/16 2:07 am

During this process I have learned that people suck and want to offer their opinion whether you want it or not.  I haven't shared with a lot of people for that reason.  I hate snarky comments and I'm tempted to give it right back.  Your body, your life, your story. I'm mastering the art of the nice nasty response to nosey people!!! 

Ive tried every diet under the sun, this was the best decision I've ever made and wouldn't look back. Congratulations on making one of the best and hardest decisions of your life. You don't owe anyone a darn thing so check the negativity early.

Most Active
Recent Topics