probably a dopey question

Anita
on 6/11/16 1:14 pm

Does a protein drink count toward liquid intake? If so....does that mean I'm "double dipping" on my daily goals?

So far today I've had about 20 oz plain water, 4 oz jello, 16 oz protein drink.......not having any trouble getting in my fluids but also not pushing it to the point of discomfort.

Went out on my own today for the first time since surgery on Monday....was out last night, but I wasn't driving. Today I ran two errands and my knees got a little rubbery so I decided it wasn't all that necessary for me to push things.......glad I came home and took it slow....feeling much better.

Tomorrow I'm going to my friend's house for her BBQ.....I'll enjoy the aromas while I sip....walk around the pool and sit / sun for a while.

Thanks for any answers and advice.

Down a bit over 13 pounds since pre-op diet and six+ since my surgery on Monday......life is good!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

NYMom222
on 6/11/16 2:24 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was always told I could count protein drink towards my fluid intake. In the beginning I was working to get every ounce... Now I get way more than 64, so whether I count it or not is not an issue....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Anita
on 6/11/16 2:28 pm

Thanks......doing better every day so I don't think I'll run into trouble....it's a learning experience for sure!

NYMom222
on 6/11/16 2:35 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My only other advice as you progress through your stages of food, don't go for the soft or pureed carby choices, even if they say you can have them.... World according to Eggface blog has recipes for the different stages, so you don't get bored!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Anita
on 6/11/16 4:17 pm

Thanks......and here I've been dreaming about mashed potatoes (kidding.......well...only a little)

I looked at that website and actually "favorited" it on my computer (at least I think that's the one) and saw some stuff that looked really good and tasty. Since I've got a ways to go, I'm going to print up some recipes and get ready for my shopping trip so I'll be ready.

I'm hoping that as I'm now going to be eating healthier, my significant other will also lose some weight with me.

Anita
on 6/11/16 4:49 pm

Just went back into my files...yes, I did save the site and OMG......the recipes are endless!!!And they look outstanding. I think that once I'm on purees and then food, I'm going to cook in batches, freeze in ramakins or other size friendly containers and then I'll be able to grab a lunch portion and go to work or wherever I'm headed.

davisdanes
on 6/11/16 7:03 pm
VSG on 10/31/13

When I had my surgery I ate baby food for a couple of weeks, I didn't worry about the carb count initially, I am a low carber now, but I am almost three years out.  We were not allowed to use protein shakes past the third month.  I never counted those shakes as my water intake.  You sound like you are doing fine, don't push yourself...enjoy your journey.

MammaKathy
on 6/11/16 7:15 pm

Would you share the link to the blog? Thanks and good luck on your journey!

Anita
on 6/11/16 8:26 pm

Hi Kathy......I just typed in World According to Eggface in my search box and it came up.....or........theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com.

There are some absolutely incredible looking recipes there and I can't wait to get to the point that I can try them! 

chaplainJess
on 6/13/16 11:15 am

My nut says protein shakes do not count toward water intake for pre-ops, but they do count toward water intake for post-ops

Most Active
Recent Topics