Constipation-what else can I do?!

alopolice
on 6/13/16 8:47 am

Tramadol is known to cause constipation. I take dulcolax every other day to help me regulate. You can also ask your doctor about Linzess which helps alot on patients that take a medication such as tramadol. I also take Tramadol for back pain and for me doing the dulcolax everyother day helps. 

Genie03
on 6/13/16 11:44 am
VSG on 05/10/16

Thanks for the advice. I was worried about constipation , as I had occasional constipation even before VGS surgery from taking Tramadol, now it's terrible. I have been taking a full dose of Mirilax for the past two days, and it seems to have helped some, but still difficult. To pass, and have to strain.?,I am going to take  the Miralax for a week and see how that goes, the maybe try the Ducolax, I have an appt coming up with my PCP , and will  to ask my Primary about the Linzess, and see if that would be a good medicine for me. I appreciate your help! Thanks!!!!

Sammy2929
on 6/14/16 1:11 pm
VSG on 05/02/16

Genie, I had the same problem.  You can probably see the convo's on my wall, lol.  Long story short, Mira-lax everyday.  I put it in my decaf coffee or tea in the morning, you can't even tell its there and I also bought generic Colace stool softners and took them everyday for two weeks.  That finally worked.

Now I take the Mira-lax everyday but I half the dose every other day and I take the stool softners every other day.  Finally did the trick and has kept me regular now.

Best wishes, I would not ever want to be in that position again, lol.

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

Most Active
Recent Topics