My experience: 2 month post surgery - 80lb+ lost

Lisa F.
on 6/10/16 6:06 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Congratulations on making it this far. Is so inspirational and it helps me to see that I'll be there too soon. (I'm 3 days post op and struggling to get my liquids in).

I'm sure you'll hit your next goal!

Best to you,

Lisa

L. 68
on 6/10/16 1:26 pm

Wow  Your results are to die for!!  Congratulations You Got This!!

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/16 2:07 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Great job!

How much protein are you able to get in each day? I ask because not getting enough protein can cause major health issues in the long run. If you skip the salad and veggies in favor of solid protein (like meat and cheese), you can likely meet your goal each day.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

deno
on 6/12/16 5:41 am

I am getting somewhere between 40 to 60gr. I get 20gr of protein from Isophure I drink. Of course, I eat fish or chicken with salad, however I still can't meet what I was told by my surgery, to get between 60 and 90gr per day. And if I have all-protein only, and no fibers (salads/vegetables), constipation will KILL me. So, I have to somehow compromise. Is it good? NO, of course. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/12/16 6:34 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You'll find that a lot of folks here take Colace or Miralax as part of their daily vitamin regime, it's often a problem with a protein-forward diet.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/14/16 12:18 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I take a half of a capful of Miralax five days a week in my morning protein shake.  It makes all the difference in the world for me.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Trice8
on 6/11/16 12:43 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Congratulations you are doing very well. I had my sleeve a week ago and am loosing weight but I to dream of the food I can't eat. I hope that goes away over time

Courage2Enjoy
on 6/11/16 7:31 am
VSG on 04/28/16

Way to go!!  Keep it up.  Once I graduated to regular foods I made pizza bites.  They were sooo good!

Sliced zucchini with light marinara sauce, shredded cheese and torn up pieces of pepperoni.  Baked and I swear it was like eating just a normal pizza.  I could only eat 2 slices maybe 3 if I really tried but either way it got me past that craving while the rest of my family ate 'real' pizza.

deno
on 6/12/16 5:45 am

I tried the cauliflower pizza one day ... but the taste was faaaar away from normal pizza. I don't know, but to me nothing is comparing to the original one :(

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/14/16 12:20 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

If you were a mashed potato junkie like me prior to surgery, I've found a great replacement with mashed cauliflower with roasted garlic.  I could eat this every single day.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics