Working on this @ 6 years out

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/9/16 6:55 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Hooray!, but all props to Julie for creating the site in the first place. Time to do the dance girl & get this party started! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Spencerella
on 6/9/16 7:11 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

As Julie has already acknowledged, her post was a bit of a joke but contained a lot of truth. So while the types of foods are good, the calories may be too low for more than five days. I don't think I could do it any more, even though I ate 600 cals all the way to goal. Most of us further out need a minimum of 900 cals a day. Personally I need 1000 to be successful for anything more than a couple of weeks. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/16 6:01 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Good point! I was thinking about doing a second menu, one for maintenance vs. loss-- especially with slightly larger sleeve capacity-- and I'll see about doing that this weekend.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/10/16 2:03 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Maybe put in the critter alternative just for variety/those that have a problem with meat. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/16 2:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Good call. We can call it "meat and friends!"

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/10/16 5:07 pm

when you  do revise - it may be a good idea to include a comment about possible constipation.. I know that when I eat mostly proteins - I need to double on magnesium and ..Miralax... .  good BM is good BM.. add extra bacon..and butter on my steak... and I am just fine....

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ladygodiva1228
on 6/10/16 4:28 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

My husband started the 5day meat test on Sunday because he wanted to lose 40lbs (he did not have WLS just wants to lose weight).  I didn't get to weight him until Tuesday, but I did take a waist measurement on Sunday.  I measured him last night for the fun of it and he has lost 2 inches from his waist in less than a week by eating eggs and bacon for breakfast and then steak for lunch and dinner. 

Nothing else just meat and eggs.  No veggies of any sort or fruits.  He says he stays full all day and has no desire to eat anything else.  This really is a great plan and everyone will lose weight on it.

Keep up the great work!!!

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
Recent Topics