Working on this @ 6 years out

mylastchance
on 6/9/16 1:10 pm

I have been on this site for the past 2 plus weeks pretty solid.  I had a tough last year that sent me chasing carbs and other forbidden fruits.  I have vowed to visit these posts daily to be motivated and reap the support you all are so generous to share.  I have been reading post after post and this morning I read a reply from (T is Hagalicious Brown) who shared this link, https://fivedaymeattest.wordpress.com/  copied the sample menu, posted it on my fridge as a visual aid and will be following it until I get my act together and stay on track.  I will add healthy choices to balance it out in a week or so.  I have pretty much gotten past the carb monster that has been plaguing me, and since May 31st have lost 7 lbs.  Yay!!!  I will stay plugged in here and continue to share my journey and read about all of you.

Who'd a ever thought being a LOSER could be a good thing.....   You all have a great day and continued good losing to you!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/9/16 1:20 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I put together the Meat Test website as a half-joke, but honestly it's a very solid plan! The folks on the RNY board do an "all meat all week" challenge that's a great way to get back on track, and surprisingly not hard at all once you get your groove. Just make sure to take fiber and/or miralax, you'll need it with all-meat :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/9/16 1:31 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I luv promoting the site, its like remembering & embracing the lifestyle that helped so many of us get the weight off & keep it off. I didn't really have constipation issues, maybe eating all that fatty cheese helped keep it moving?  Hey did they ever post the results of the last challenge?

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Theduffman27
on 6/10/16 8:08 am
VSG on 11/19/14

LOL....I did not realize you made that site! As a Preop I did Atkins several times and enjoyed success, but always had an issue when doing atkins. I would come down with GOUT! LOL. I do not know why. My PCP felt I was eating too much shellfish at the time. I will give the 5DMT a try if I ever need to slay the carb monster again!

NYMom222
on 6/9/16 1:21 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you!! So glad you are slaying the Carb Monster! Getting back to basics and a protein forward diet is so important.

Dancing with you! You can do this!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

TexasTerritory
on 6/9/16 1:27 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Love meat. The Five Day Meat Test website is awesome.

Deanna798
on 6/9/16 1:35 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I have serious carb addiction issues, and this honestly helps me.  You can keep it up if you want, or just go back to it when things get wanky and you need a reset like I do.  

Plus, it doesn't have to be all red meat. I find shrimp to be an awesome addition that is filling and satisfying!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/9/16 2:06 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Double-bonus: you don't even have to COOK shrimp if you get a frozen shrimp ****tail ring from the grocery store!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/16 2:44 pm - CA

I actually do the "Shrimp packets" (I put in shrimp and turkey kielbasa with seasoning, it is like the shrimp boil, minus potatoes and corn) and bake it.  I stay satisfied a lot longer on those than anything else.    It has been my go to dinner quite often now.  

Deanna798
on 6/9/16 3:08 pm, edited 6/9/16 10:25 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh, that sounds delicious!

Edited to fix my typo

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
Recent Topics