HOME......surgery done...THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Anita
on 6/8/16 4:41 pm

Hi All,

Just got home a little while ago. Having a bit of buyer's remorse but I know it will pass....soon I pray!

No pain from my incisions but the hiatal hernia repair is a bit of a problem with residual pain.....I know this will pass too.....I don't do well with pain meds and anesthesia, so I'm just taking it slow....walking, sipping, walking, sipping......and sleeping.

I cannot thank all of you enough for the support I've received.......you guys are the BEST!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Kelly L.
on 6/8/16 5:32 pm

Congrats on being sleeved and welcome to the losers bench!! 

Linds9
on 6/8/16 5:42 pm
VSG on 01/19/16

Congrats on the surgery! Totally understand the buyer's remorse, it will seriously pass in the next few days. For me it was really once I was off full liquids but in the end its worth it! I am 5 months out and have lost 60 pounds. Every now and then I think a little that I regret the whole thing but that ends super quickly! You feel amazing about your self so fast and you just got to remember if you could do it yourself you already would have! Good luck! The next few days will seriously fly by you will feel better very soon!

Grim_Traveller
on 6/8/16 6:04 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Thanks for checking in. Things will get a little better every day. 

Drinking is your new full time job. There's nothing better you can do for yourself right now.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dikki
on 6/8/16 9:01 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 06/09/16

Glad you are home and all went well.  Get those fluids in!  You can do this!   

My surgery is tomorrow morning - a little wound up!

Anita
on 6/9/16 7:10 am

Hi Dikki.....I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. I hope all goes easily and that both of us can get a good laugh next week about the silliness of our concerns......I'm much better today and it's exactly as everyone else has said ....it just takes a little time and you start to feel better...the buyer's remorse fades pretty quickly.

Be well.....post when you are able!

PUGGLESPUPS
on 6/9/16 2:35 am - MA

Glad that your home..   Just remember slow and steady wins the race.   So for no regrets for me.  Wait till next week when you feel incredible.  And it's true,  each day that goes by everything get easier.  Good Luck.

Anita
on 6/9/16 7:16 am

Thanks Pugglespups....feeling better today....not 100% yet, but sleeping in my own bed with no one waking me up at 4 AM to take my blood pressure and stuff like that really helps.....LOL. Still have some pain left from the hernia repair, but moving forward is good stuff!

Have been awake for an hour and managed to get in about 4 oz of water......my doc says I can do watery protein drinks today but I'm going to wait til later because I'm not sure my tummy is quite ready this morning.......I have plenty of time....no need to rush this.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/9/16 5:25 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

congrats and welcome home! been waitin for your first post post-op :)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Anita
on 6/9/16 7:22 am

Thank you Chris......you've been a huge help to me.......I say it all the time....this board is amazing........total strangers being supportive beyond imagination.....and I cannot begin to tell you how safe and secure that makes me feel.

My roommate in the hospital was a young woman who didn't know about this board and I told her she must come here.....she was excited about it and even though she has a sister who also has a sleeve, I know she will get additional support that she'll need.

Feeling better today...still sore, but it seems to only be from the hernia repair.......my goal for today is working on my water intake and walking.. and maybe sitting outside in the sun for a little while today.

Oh.....and I'm down 4 pounds since Monday...LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics