What are you eating in the maintenance phase? Let's share the method to our madness!

emelar
on 6/9/16 9:42 am - TX

I eat the same things I ate while I was losing.  I'm still eating very protein forward meals, but I'll add a little more fat or a treat every now and then, sticking to around 1200K a day.

happyteacher
on 6/11/16 6:28 pm

I do try to stay close to the types of choices I made during the weight loss phase. Sugar has for sure worked its way back in. My overall calories per day are in check, but too high of a percentage from sugar. I still go off the rails in very high stress situations, but am still resilient enough to get back on track. Initially in maintenance I was 1600=1800 calories. A few years later it is now for sure lower, but I also have not been able to exercise much at all since hitting goal. 

I have done crappy hitting protein goals in general. In the weight loss phase I routinely hit 110. Now I struggle to consistently hit 60. I still do shakes, especially when I notice my protein is dropping down. Since getting the gallbladder out, carbs have been much higher- my digestive system is still out of whack. Protein is harder on it, carbs easier. So for now I am not fighting that too much so long as I don't start pounding on weight.

I still eat 5-6 times a day. Always do better when I plan ahead. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics