First appointment with the surgeon tomorrow!

McLassie
on 6/7/16 10:37 am
VSG on 07/25/16

I've done all my dietitian visits, passed my psych eval, lost the required amount of weight, obtained a letter of support from my primary, had labs drawn, etc, and tomorrow I meet with the surgeon. If all goes according to plan, I will have a surgery date after that.

I'm nervous because the surgeon should know me (I'm a nurse who worked on his bariatric floor for ten years and have worked in his OR for almost 4, not on his team, but I worked with him yesterday and work in his room maybe once every month or two) and I'm not certain that he knows me, mainly because I had a normal BMI when I started working on the floor and a lot of people don't recognize me anymore. I'm worried it will be awkward. I'm also worried he will say he won't do it, and I'm worried he doesn't like me for some reason.

I guess that's the type of thinking that got me into this mess. 

Anyway, thanks for listening! I've enjoyed reading about all your experiences as a lurker for the past few months.

Kris R.
on 6/7/16 12:34 pm - Walworth, NY

I have a feeling it will go the other way.  He'll be honored that you chose him to do your surgery and he'll be thrilled that he can watch your progress first hand and that he and his staff will be there to support you at every turn.  I don't know you, but I'm sure you're a very likable person - we just need to like ourselves too!!  Good luck tomorrow.    group hug from all of us.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

McLassie
on 6/8/16 1:52 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

You were right! It went fine. We had a good talk and he will do my surgery. Now I'm just waiting for the OR scheduler to call me back so I can get a date. Thanks for the support!

Kris R.
on 6/8/16 1:53 pm - Walworth, NY

I'm so happy for you.  !!! That is awesome news..

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Kelly L.
on 6/7/16 5:06 pm

Anxiety goes along with all this, but try not to worry!   You'll have a surgery date soon!!

Most Active
Recent Topics