New VGS

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/7/16 10:54 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Avoid scrambled eggs. They are problematic for many of us, even years after surgery. They still tend to sit in my sleeve and make me feel uncomfortable.

Eat very small portions and eat slowly. The nerves in your stomach have been severed and you won't feel true restriction for several weeks. It's easy to overdo it immediately after surgery because you're so happy to eat anything other than than a protein shake.

Check out The World According to Eggface for ideas, particularly pureed food. I'd link it for you, but I'm on my phone.

Don't freak out when you don't lose a pound every day. Our bodies are wickedly smart and can hold onto weight as we change our food plans.

Try walking short distances to help get any gas out of your system.  Movement seems to help.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/8/16 4:42 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Question for everyone about the whole too many liquids thing

***TMI NOTICE*** If we take in a good amount of liquid (call it 64 to 90 oz), with as little solid food and esp fiber that we consume, is it common to get loose stool? I thought my NUT said something along those lines, and I feel that may be something I have had a few times. Its not diarrhea as far as cramping and what not, just very loose and does have liquid in some bowel movements? Havent stressed it because I dont have symptoms of being dehydrated, plus most of my liquids that are not shakes have electrolytes in them, but just wondering if anyone else experiences that

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

ARP55
on 6/8/16 7:08 am
VSG on 06/07/16

My bowel movements have decreased rapidly since my surgery. But, I also haven't taken in any food, only my clear fluids (one more day!).

I am experiencing flatus with soft bm's. Sparse but small and soft. Not diarrhea.

Hope this helps

Most Active
Recent Topics