New VGS

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/7/16 11:39 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Hi :)

Just take it slow, your body will let you know how quickly to progress (physically). I was like you, I got home and then I think the day after or two days later I was vacuuming the entire house. That was pretty much it, then I sat down and watched movies lol

Pain gets better pretty quick. I'm 10 days post op and dont have any at all anymore. A little tenderness when I sit from my biggest incision, but aside from that nothing. 

Just go slow on everything. This forum is good for some support, just be cautious on how you respond to certain individuals. People will come off pretty snotty on your posts in their responses. Take with a grain of salt and not personally, and just move on.

I did not have an incision so cannot respond

As for coffee, my team said was fine to drink decaf coffee or tea day 2 after surgery while in hospital. I havent yet, but its an option. 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

ARP55
on 6/7/16 12:06 pm
VSG on 06/07/16

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. I have been surprised how much I am drinking. I am drinking 3 isopure protein drinks a day. I am wondering if I am drinking too much or perhaps risk stretching my stomach?

I am happy to hear someone else recently had their surgery. My pain is in my right upper  quadrant and it is sharp generally. I am bracing myself with a pillow over my abdomen. I had surgery on June 1 so I have one more full day of clear liquids then I get to transition into full fluids.

I started my vitamins also. Did you begin your vitamin regime? I have been lucky I haven't had any GERD or burning of any kind. I have been taking many vitamins, antibiotics and of course my pain medications as needed.

How did you find the transition from clear to full fluids? How long did you have the clear fluid diet?

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/7/16 12:16 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Well, our programs are pretty polar opposite

I dont get to start vitamins until week 2 post op, or Thursday for me. If I can tolerate they said to do, otherwise to wait a little longer

For me, I was on purees per my surgeons office program the day after I got home from hospital (or day 4 post op I think it was). pureed chicken, fish, whatever. 

No GERD for me. I've had a lot of issues with slimies, which most people on the forum here correlate to the quick progression to non liquids. They may be right, dont know. I just think I've been overdoing it in portions, even though I weigh this my sleeve isnt open enough

All I've been taking is my blood thinner (shots, for two weeks) and my antacid, plus my blood pressure med + a melatonin at night (used before surgery)

The Salty Hag
on 6/7/16 1:40 pm
RNY on 05/20/13
On June 7, 2016 at 6:39 PM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

Hi :)

Just take it slow, your body will let you know how quickly to progress (physically). I was like you, I got home and then I think the day after or two days later I was vacuuming the entire house. That was pretty much it, then I sat down and watched movies lol

Pain gets better pretty quick. I'm 10 days post op and dont have any at all anymore. A little tenderness when I sit from my biggest incision, but aside from that nothing. 

Just go slow on everything. This forum is good for some support, just be cautious on how you respond to certain individuals. People will come off pretty snotty on your posts in their responses. Take with a grain of salt and not personally, and just move on.

I did not have an incision so cannot respond

As for coffee, my team said was fine to drink decaf coffee or tea day 2 after surgery while in hospital. I havent yet, but its an option. 

I'm confused...you didn't have an incision? ( 2nd to last paragraph ) Did the surgeon perform surgery with his mind? That would be a cool party trick, yeah?

Did you mean you didn't have a drain? 

( To the OP, I had RNY-and had a drain. For 10 days. It was hell. I used Press n Seal to cover my drain bandages. It helped keep my skin from getting so horribly irritated like it would with tape. You have my most sincere sympathy for having to have a drain. My surgeon removed mine 4 days early. That also sucked, but I felt better after.  ) 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/7/16 1:52 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

whoops yes lol thanks. a drain. i have 5 incisions :)

Amy R.
on 6/7/16 5:02 pm

"This forum is good for some support, just be cautious on how you respond to certain individuals. People will come off pretty snotty on your posts in their responses."

You know what? I'm not going to let you get by with that nonsense. 

That would be like me cautioning newbies to watch out for the uneducated, uninformed, newly postop members *****fuse to accept truth and instead insist on regurgitating faulty data and other absurd behaviors.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/7/16 5:07 pm, edited 6/7/16 10:08 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

That's fair. I normally comment on what I've experienced or have heard, and I preface it as such :)

you are somewhat proving my point, though. 

If I posted something incorrect please let me know. Educate me, rather than belittle me please. 

That's how us uneducated people learn :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/7/16 5:38 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

When you responded with the snotty & be careful how you respond to people, that was belittling them. It was a dig at the vets & its definitely not appreciated. I'm not a vet, but can see how that was a passive aggressive response.

Just keep in mind that this is a forum & everyone was new at some point. When I first came on here posting questions, comments et****pt 3 things in mind whenever I got a response that I thought was "questionable" to put it nicely.

First is the message, does it apply?, does it not, is it just something to keep in mind etc. Not every answer is applicable to the original question

Next is the messenger, since I don't know people on here personally, their posting style would be unfamiliar to me, which is why lurking is not a bad idea sometimes. Get used to how people post, some will get right to the point, others might take a more roundabout route to get their point across.

Finally is the way the message is delivered, i.e "tone". That is totally subjective here. What is said on one end is not heard the same way on the other end. 

Most everyone on here wants people to succeed because we have all been there at 1 point or another on this journey. 

Just something to keep in mind for anyone you think is "snotty".

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/7/16 5:39 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Very well said, for sure

i consider you a vet, you've done great 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/7/16 10:55 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Amy!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics