Scheduled for surger on 6/30!!!!!

honeywell
on 6/7/16 7:17 am

Good morning, everyone!

I am scheduled for my VSG on 6/30! I am so excited but so incredibly NERVOUS. Like, I get so nervous thinking about it that I almost don't want to go through with it. I currently have no comorbidities. No high blood pressure, no nothing. I am so afraid I won't be up for the task of taking on an entire new lifestyle, afraid of how I will look, afraid of how others will react, afraid of everything!

Anyone have any advice or words of confidence? I would very much appreciate it from those who have, no doubt, gone through the same thing.

honeywell
on 6/7/16 7:19 am

*surgery even. Gosh! Sorry!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 6/7/16 11:15 am - MI

6/30 is my bday! You have a great surgery date!

What you're feeling is no different than what a lot of here felt! Being nervous are having anxiety about it comes with the territoty! I had no comorbities too! Be organized & follow your plan and everything else will fall into place! Think about shopping for new clothes, things you'll be able to do that you haven't done before, how you're going to feel great!! Good luck! You got this!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

honeywell
on 6/7/16 12:03 pm

Happy Early Birthday!

Thank you for your words. I am going to focus on the positives and keep reminding myself I am doing this for the right reasons.

Kelly L.
on 6/7/16 5:03 pm

Congrats on your surgery date!   It's just around the corner!    Take a deep breath sweetie, you'll be just fine.   You'll love the changes I am sure!

honeywell
on 6/9/16 6:59 am
On June 8, 2016 at 12:03 AM Pacific Time, Kelly L. wrote:

Congrats on your surgery date!   It's just around the corner!    Take a deep breath sweetie, you'll be just fine.   You'll love the changes I am sure!

Thank you love!

seabexlose
on 6/7/16 5:22 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

I frequently did a mental pros and cons list when I was feeling anxious about the surgery or worried I couldn't commit to the changes.

I hadn't developed any of the usual co-morbidities, but had been teetering as a pre-diabetic for years.  I was also routinely gaining huge amounts of weight, like 30 pounds every two years. I had to ask myself how many years I wanted to continue to gain like that, and also remind myself that waiting for surgery until I had co-morbidities didn't make sense.

Good luck...the whole process is such a learning experience.  Use these boards for comfort and confidence so that by surgery time you can feel like you have a good handle  on the information.

honeywell
on 6/9/16 7:00 am
On June 8, 2016 at 12:22 AM Pacific Time, seabexlose wrote:

I frequently did a mental pros and cons list when I was feeling anxious about the surgery or worried I couldn't commit to the changes.

I hadn't developed any of the usual co-morbidities, but had been teetering as a pre-diabetic for years.  I was also routinely gaining huge amounts of weight, like 30 pounds every two years. I had to ask myself how many years I wanted to continue to gain like that, and also remind myself that waiting for surgery until I had co-morbidities didn't make sense.

Good luck...the whole process is such a learning experience.  Use these boards for comfort and confidence so that by surgery time you can feel like you have a good handle  on the information.

Very good advice. Thank you!!!

petra65
on 6/8/16 4:11 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

congratulatios. My surgery date is 6/28.  Keep in touch.  We can be surgery buddies.  I only have high blood pressure that is well controlled on 1 medication.  I did chicken out before but I have other motivating factors this time so Im sure I will go through with it.

honeywell
on 6/9/16 7:00 am
On June 8, 2016 at 11:11 AM Pacific Time, petra65 wrote:

congratulatios. My surgery date is 6/28.  Keep in touch.  We can be surgery buddies.  I only have high blood pressure that is well controlled on 1 medication.  I did chicken out before but I have other motivating factors this time so Im sure I will go through with it.

Yes definitely keep in touch, love! I'd love to have someone to compare experiences with.

Most Active
Recent Topics