Re-introduce myself, 5 yrs out

Kelly L.
on 6/6/16 8:33 pm

Hi folks, I am back here again for support and guidance on my journey.   I am not the typical WLS patient, I never made it to goal YET!!!   I say yet, cause I am not giving up.   I am back to basics in my eating, and feeling good.   I still have good restriction, I still don't have a lot of hunger, so I can do this!!!   I use to hang out here regularly but I got discouraged when I wasn't losing as fast as others.   But I've missed it, and I know it helps me keep on track.   I just wanted to say hi, and hope we can all get to goal together!

White Dove
on 6/7/16 4:40 am - Warren, OH

The typical WLS patient loses 50-60% of excess weight.   It takes a very dedicated person to lose more than that.  Your determination is what will let you achieve your goal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kris R.
on 6/7/16 5:40 am - Walworth, NY

I'm so glad you're back.  We all need support and this is one of the best places to get it.  Have a great day!

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Sandra F.
on 6/7/16 6:04 am

I am not as far out as you (18 months out) but I haven't made it to goal yet either, so don't feel badly about this.  I bet there are a lot of us out there.

Elliot413
on 6/7/16 6:38 am
VSG on 07/12/16

Glad to have you back.  You're an inspiration to me and others who are preparing for WLS.  Share the struggles you have had so when we run into them, we can be persistent like you.  btw-that's a huge weight loss!  Congrats!

CincySlvd
on 6/7/16 10:31 am - OH
VSG on 04/24/12

I was about 3 years out and still 25 lbs above my goal weight of 250 lbs.  I started creeping back up and decided that it wasn't going to happen.  Started tracking calories and cardio and it started coming off.  Down to 206 after a year and a half, but I had to seriously recommit.  The sleeve helps, but I plateaued for a good couple years.

You can do it, there's no reason you can't.

FuturePinUp
on 6/7/16 10:35 am

Welcome back! Coming here has certainly helped me out with staying focused and determined, but it is also important to remember that everyone's journey is different and some of us may not lose as fast as others, or be triggered by the same temptations to steer us off the road. I, for one, know I have gotten a lot more lax in my eating and thus am losing much slower than I was, but also know that I can pick up more steam if needed to get to that 100% EWL (I'm sitting at 85% now).

We can do it!!!! 

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/7/16 12:38 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Welcome to the "Why Am I Not At Goal" club  

I find it's important to stay active on OH to prevent back sliding into nasty old habits.  And it's never easy.

Don't measure your progress by others - it's self-defeating.  We are all different ages, body types and starting points with different emotional attachments to food.  Make short term goals to achieve long term success.  It's easier said than done, and I'm certainly not a shining example of what I preach.  But, I'm not giving up either  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

mylastchance
on 6/7/16 1:34 pm

I am 6 years out and I did the same about 2 weeks ago.  I felt I needed to get plugged back in here and the support shared is just what I need.  Just reading the stories of success and the struggles of others is very helpful to keep me going in the right direction.  I've been playing on the slippery slope for a year or so.  Last year was brutal for me.  Lost my brother to cancer and we were very close, then 5 weeks later one of my daughter in laws passed away suddenly and she was only 29...sad situations and I have always been an emotional eater on top of just being an out of control eater, and the deaths were enough for me to get off track and regain some of the hard work I had accomplished.  Now I am here and making changes for the better.

I am with you and hope we can get to goal along with everyone else.  Here's to us being LOSERS !!! 

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

sds0029
on 6/8/16 8:22 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Hello and you got this.  It is good to know that after 5 years you still have restriction, so you have done that bad. Take it a week at a time and do you :) 

Best of luck to you. 

Most Active
Recent Topics