VSG on 05/26/16

Yup. Drinkin shakes today only

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

jennabee13
on 6/6/16 11:58 am

Man, that's a bummer. Whenever I have bad tummy days I revert back to the beginning of my journey and go back to fluids and progress from there. Sometimes it's just one bite too much. Sometimes it's a bite of something my tummy just doesn't tolerate anymore. Sometimes it's a bug I've caught. Whatever the cause, I have always found success in going back to the basics. Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!

Nick S.
on 6/6/16 2:24 pm, edited 6/6/16 7:26 am - Detroit, MI
VSG on 12/22/15

Yeah it just sounds like you pushed too much, too fast. Honestly, it took me about 3 months until I could comfortably eat things like deli meat, scrambled eggs or tuna fish.

The first week after surgery, I was on a liquids only diet. The second and third week, I went to protein shakes and greek yogurt. Finally after 4 weeks I was able to have soft foods like eggs or shredded chicken, etc.

Eating too quickly, or drinking too soon after eating, always gave me hardcore foamies until about 4 months out. At 6 months out now, I pretty much don't have any of those issues with foamies.

Heaviest: 335   Currently: 190

VSG in December 2015

ladygodiva1228
on 6/7/16 7:12 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On June 6, 2016 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

This weekend was really tough for me. 

I think I ate too much Saturday at dinner and ended up getting the slimies..

Sunday my wife and I had breakfast after church with her parents and I had some scrambled eggs. Was fine, didnt even eat too much. Very proud of myself! Waited a little over 30 minutes and as we were leaving I grabbed a sip of water... That did me in, slimies until around maybe noon (so for 3 hours or so). 

Sunday night after I finished my slimies I had some chicken for dinner, slimies again for an hour or so. 

Today - protein shakes all day will be my diet lol

I was so thankful I got in 30 oz of water (thanks to my awesome RTIC tumbler) during church. If I hadnt, I would have been so dehydrated... That was pretty much all my liquid I got yesterday :\

So far today I've almost finished my morning protein shake (1 cup low fat milk + 1 scoop peanut butter isopure powder), with no issue. I have a grape Powerade zero I've gotten a few sips in from before I left for work, and my RTIC full of my MIOFIT lemon-lime electrolyte water solution.

Plan to just sip sip sip... 

Are you measuring what you eat or just eyeballing it?  I know your surgeon said these foods were OK, but I still think you are progressing to quickly. 

You do know that you can rupture you staple line of your sleeve if you eat to much right?  You are so new out of surgery and probably still swollen.  Please make sure you measure everything out so you don't do damage to your sleeve.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Tracy D.
on 6/7/16 12:23 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Chris - even after 3 years I still have to wait longer than 30 minutes after a meal to drink (and I don't even need to feel "full).  If I don't wait at least 45-60 minutes to drink I get very uncomfortable, sick and might even throw up.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/7/16 12:27 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ive been going much longer than 30 minutes since that happened :) I go as long as I need until the pressure feeling I have is gone (whether thats full or hungry I still dont know lol!)

So far so good since that episode! :D

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Anita
on 6/9/16 10:23 pm

it's going to be a learning experience that will be full of messages for us......and we need to listen to our stomachs.....and learn what works and what doesn't. we're all in this journey together and any help we can provide for one another is valuable. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Kathyjs
on 6/10/16 7:50 pm

Wow, I have no degree. Almost 14 years post op, at goal, blood work came back great today but I don't have a degree so I have no advice 

Most Active
Recent Topics