Been having a hard time

happyteacher
on 6/11/16 6:53 pm

I think the idea of the pissed of tummy is very possible. When I would go through bouts like that, I found it best to just rest the digestive system and switch to a liquid diet. My stomach always seemed a bit sore after an episode, so liquid diet until everything felt Ok. When I did resume food, if I felt even a twinge I knew it needed a little more time. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/6/16 4:28 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Really good advice, WD.   And I haven't seen the infamous bougie comparison chart posted recently, so here it is:

I have to say, there is a lot of discussion on OH about the difficulties many of us have eating scrambled eggs and chicken after surgery.  I'm surprised that the OP hadn't noticed those comments and decided to heed the sound advice given by both newbies and vets.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/6/16 5:34 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I have seen them, don't worry. 

Thanks for the graphic! 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

on 6/7/16 12:54 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Not worried.  Just surprised that you would eat eggs given the numerous posts detailing the problems with them.

Here's a link to a recent thread on the trouble with eggs, for anyone who feels like pushing the edge of the envelope early.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/7/16 1:06 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Thanks for the link. I was hoping to see something scientific other than peoples personal experiences. Again, not everyone is the same. I havent had eggs in two days, but I dont believe my issue was the egg. Granted I've stated that multiple times, instead people want to only focus on the fact that they could not handle the eggs.

I've gotten sick off premier protein, should I stop that, too? Or does it not matter the other 8 bottles I've had of it that didnt affect me, mean anything?

I'm following my surgeons and nutritionists food plan. 

Until anyone on here comes to me with a medical degree and research showing I am "pushing the edge of the envelope early", then its your opinion. I value them, but do not expect me to adhere to it. It does not matter to me if someone is 3 days or 13 years out from surgery... I'll listen to their input, weigh it as if it is applicable to myself and decide what to do with it.

:)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

on 6/7/16 1:11 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You need a scientific study to accept that people who've had WLS have issues eating eggs after surgery?  Okay...

Good luck 

FuturePinUp
on 6/10/16 8:12 am

I'm going to have to vouch for the "not everyone is the same" comment. While we know individual users may experience issues with introducing certain foods, my surgeon's plan encouraged us to introduce on-plan foods I normally eat back in and see. I have had no issues with tolerating eggs (or any food) and I think that it's easy to skew perspectives about certain foods because we're not going to see a post that says "Hey! I can eat eggs!" only ones that highlight people's difficulties with specific items.

Also, my surgeon's plan had us on mushy solids since Day 1 post-op (including eggs, tuna, etc) and many people here thought that was ludicrous but ultimately, I listened to the advice of my medical team and have had great success with no food intolerance of any kind, and great blood work results (so far). You are wise to listen to input and apply as needed. :)

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

mmsmom
on 6/6/16 6:56 am - Woburn, MA

It took my stomach months to heal - you probably still have swelling and irritated it thus the recurring slimmies.  Liquids should help.  Good luck.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Theduffman27
on 6/6/16 7:03 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Food for thought ( pun intended)

I had a hard time at the start as well, the advice I was given was to slow down the progression of foods that I ate and to concentrate on getting in the recommended protein and water. I ate pureed for along time and was usually a week behind the time period my program recommended advancing. I did not like food for a long time and I still have a difficult time with some dense proteins if they are not moist. Keep listening to your body and measure and you will be fine. You are learning how this new tool will work for you. we all follow similar guidelines, but everyone is different my friend. Do not get discouraged, it only gets better.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/6/16 9:56 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You've pushed your diet way too fast if you are having these kinds of recurring issues. Just because you get permission to eat things, it doesn't mean you should. Or are able to.

If it were me, I'd cut back on the variety and quantity of stuff. And just because you think you handled the food ok, it doesn't mean it actually went down alright -- hence the issues after drinking. Back off before you hurt something.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics