Been having a hard time

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/6/16 5:46 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

This weekend was really tough for me. 

I think I ate too much Saturday at dinner and ended up getting the slimies..

Sunday my wife and I had breakfast after church with her parents and I had some scrambled eggs. Was fine, didnt even eat too much. Very proud of myself! Waited a little over 30 minutes and as we were leaving I grabbed a sip of water... That did me in, slimies until around maybe noon (so for 3 hours or so). 

Sunday night after I finished my slimies I had some chicken for dinner, slimies again for an hour or so. 

Today - protein shakes all day will be my diet lol

I was so thankful I got in 30 oz of water (thanks to my awesome RTIC tumbler) during church. If I hadnt, I would have been so dehydrated... That was pretty much all my liquid I got yesterday :\

So far today I've almost finished my morning protein shake (1 cup low fat milk + 1 scoop peanut butter isopure powder), with no issue. I have a grape Powerade zero I've gotten a few sips in from before I left for work, and my RTIC full of my MIOFIT lemon-lime electrolyte water solution.

Plan to just sip sip sip... 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/6/16 5:47 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Note to vets: do not worry, this has not been posted to my blog

....yet.

cappy11448
on 6/6/16 6:17 am

Wow.  It sounds like you've triggered something for yourself.  I've never heard of recurring slimies like this, or slimies that lasted for hours.  This is unusual.

I'm not surprised that a sip of water could set off the slimies when taken on a full tummy.  I know that if I dink water after eating, I'll be uncomfortably full.  I guess there is no where for the water to go when the tummy is full. 

I hope it gets better soon.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/6/16 6:18 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ya. I definitely felt full, but not like sickly full after breakfast.

Now I know.. if I feel full, no liquids for longer than 30 minutes. Hindsight is obvious lol...

cnanny
on 6/6/16 6:23 am

Sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of days.  Hope things get better for you soon!!

White Dove
on 6/6/16 6:51 am - Warren, OH

It helped me to know how big my new stomach was.  Then I visualized the amount of food I could eat.  Depending on your surgeon your sleeve is between the size of a narrow ballpoint pen and a magic marker.  If there is still some swelling from the surgery, then capacity is smaller than that.

For the first month, I could eat about a tablespoon of food at a meal.  By the end of two months, I was up to a 1" x 1" square of meat or two tablespoons of something like tuna salad.  By three months I could eat 1/2 of a small Wendy's chili.  At the end of a year, I could eat 1/2 of a subway sandwich. 

At almost nine years out, I can easily eat 3 ounces of meat with 1/2 cup of vegetables.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/6/16 6:53 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ya... Im thinking I am trying too much stuff. For dinner last night my wife had some deli meat from Publix for sandwichs sliced SUPER thin (shaved, really) and I had 2 pieces. I'd put a little spicy mustard on and take a nibble. I think last night was more of a the pouch was already pissed off from breakfast issue than overeating. Then again, maybe it was partly because it was jerk turkey? 

Thanks for posting your progression, gives me an idea of what to expect :D

hollykim
on 6/6/16 4:09 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 6, 2016 at 1:53 PM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

Ya... Im thinking I am trying too much stuff. For dinner last night my wife had some deli meat from Publix for sandwichs sliced SUPER thin (shaved, really) and I had 2 pieces. I'd put a little spicy mustard on and take a nibble. I think last night was more of a the pouch was already pissed off from breakfast issue than overeating. Then again, maybe it was partly because it was jerk turkey? 

Thanks for posting your progression, gives me an idea of what to expect :D

sleeve :)

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/6/16 5:33 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I nicknamed my new stomach pouch :) I was thinking Bob or Carl but chose pouch instead 

hollykim
on 6/6/16 6:20 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 7, 2016 at 12:33 AM Pacific Time, Chris "Thick-to-Fit" Tufano wrote:

I nicknamed my new stomach pouch :) I was thinking Bob or Carl but chose pouch instead 

then it should be capitalized, since it is a proper noun. ?

Most Active
Recent Topics