Finding surgeon - Pueblo Colorado - medicaid

WitchySar
on 6/5/16 10:42 pm - Pueblo, Co

Can anyone help me find a surgeon near Pueblo Colorado that takes medicaid? So far I'm not having any luck finding anything online but I'm new to this so perhaps I'm not searching right. I'm specifically wanting a surgeon that does the vertical sleeve.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/6/16 6:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Is there a customer service number on your card? If so, give them a call and they should be able to help you find someone.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

marc.willi
on 6/6/16 10:18 am

If you're a current Colorado Medicaid member, contact Integrated Community Health Partners. They are the Medicaid regional care organization in the Pueblo area who will help coordinate your care and can connect you with various providers. Here is their website, http://www.ichpcolorado.com/ and their phone is 855-959-7340.

WitchySar
on 6/6/16 10:17 pm - Pueblo, Co
On June 6, 2016 at 5:18 PM Pacific Time, marc.willi wrote:

If you're a current Colorado Medicaid member, contact Integrated Community Health Partners. They are the Medicaid regional care organization in the Pueblo area who will help coordinate your care and can connect you with various providers. Here is their website, http://www.ichpcolorado.com/ and their phone is 855-959-7340.

Thank you for this info. I swear this post wasn't there when I replied yesterday, though it must have been. Weird. I'll check it out. 

WitchySar
on 6/6/16 11:13 am - Pueblo, Co

I don't have a card. It's attached to my birth date and social so doctors and hospitals just look it up that way. Last time I asked anyone they said Colorado doesn't send out cards anymore. Don't know if that's for sure true, but I never got one. I've tried looking online for Colorado Medicaid providers but the search site that comes up doesn't list anything for bariatric surgeons and I don't know what else to look under.

WitchySar
on 6/6/16 11:14 am - Pueblo, Co

Plus I'd love to have a personal recommendation since not all surgeons are created equal.

marc.willi
on 6/7/16 8:26 am

I'll reply to a couple of the points you've made. With regard to getting a card, you go to Colorado.gov/PEAK and create a user account. You'll need your Medicaid ID number to complete that process. Once your account is set up, you can download a copy of your Medicaid card.

Bariatric surgery is a level of specialty that not every community has and I'm not certain IF there is a bariatric surgeon in Pueblo. There are some counties in Colorado that don't have dentists and I suspect bariatric surgeons are harder to find. That's where the people at Integrated Community Health Partners can help you. It's their job to work with Medicaid members to coordinate their care and help them locate providers or services the member may need. If there isn't a surgeon in Pueblo, they can help you locate one in Colorado Springs (assuming there is a bariatric surgeon there) or the Denver area.

Most Active
Recent Topics