Surgery is tomorrow!

Lisa F.
on 6/5/16 7:49 am
VSG on 06/06/16

I had my first appointment on December 30th and went through all the meetings, tests and emotional work so I'm ready, but terrified!

I have generalized anxiety so there is a lot of that coming up for me, but I meditate, read, watch TV and clean my house (it never looked so good!) I decided to splurge and book a massage for later today.

I started the liquid diet yesterday...has been harder than I thought, in that the hunger would hit me hard and my reactive hypoglycemia would kick in. I managed it though...and I realized that I had to really focus on my hunger and satisfied feelings and eat more frequently, which is something I know I'll have to learn to be successful in the long term.

I think I'm more fearful of the next few weeks and getting through the food stages than I am about the actual surgery.

Friends and family have been great, as has this forum...so thanks to all I've connected with!

Lisa

NYMom222
on 6/5/16 7:52 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Luck! Good idea getting a massage, so relaxing. The great unknown of the other side is anxiety producing. The way I figured it, so many people had gone before me and survived and thrived, what made me think I couldn't do it? Be kind to yourself, and keep coming back for support.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Lisa F.
on 6/5/16 7:58 am, edited 6/5/16 12:58 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Thanks so much! When I see results like yours, it's encouraging. You must feel amazing!

NYMom222
on 6/5/16 8:01 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I do feel amazing... Almost 2 years out and I can tell you it is quite a journey. Ups and Downs? Yes. I come here basically daily unless I am away or something... go to several support groups a month. I made a decision if I was going to take this drastic measure, I was going to make it my job.

So stick around... read from all the boards- there is good advice and encouragement everywhere.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Clamcake65
on 6/5/16 10:24 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Good luck, on your surgery.

I'm sure everything will work out fine.

I can relate to the anxiety and fears, as I also suffer from anxiety issues.

I will be attending a seminar on Tues., just starting the journey over again.

Read my about me page, you'll understand.

Keep us all informed..

Thoughts and prayers to you.

Blueowlb23
on 6/5/16 12:24 pm, edited 6/5/16 7:46 am

Congratulations & best of luck to you tomorrow -- you've made it to the beginning of a whole new story & you should be proud of what you've already accomplished! Listen to your medical team and definitely look to those who've been where you are for support and ideas, but also know that each of us is unique and each of us went through our own journey and have our own experiences and struggle both pre & post wls!! And you'll have that same uniquely you story. I also struggle with generalized anxiety. Ironically, preparing for wls surgery in the months and days leading up to my surgery was actually a distractor from other things in my life that were causing my anxiety to flare. Hopefully, with the excitement of surgery, preparations as well as the massage you booked (great idea!!) it will help make you feel calm and safe!

For me the post surgery diet for the first two weeks especially was a bit of a struggle ( I don't think I've eaten a cup of soup since the full liquid diet -- and by the end of the two weeks I was beyond excited to "graduate" to puréed foods -- baby food like consistency food never sounded so good..). But fresh soups as well as sugar free Popsicles were a lifesaver!

I wish you a speedy recovery, a great, and positive experience post wls!! Best wishes!!!

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." ~Hans Christian Andersen

Age: 33, Height: 5' 4", hw (at consultation): 297, sw(10/27/15): 281, cw(06/05/16): 209

Kelly L.
on 6/5/16 2:08 pm

Congrats and good luck on your surgery!! 

Anita
on 6/5/16 2:29 pm

I'm with you every step of the way.......this time tomorrow, we'll both be done and on our way!!!

Best of everything to you (and me....LOL)....my doctor has me doing a magnesium citrate drink and all I can say is OMG is this VILE..........the liquid diet has been going okay for me today....have been on mostly protein drinks all week........

Catch you on the other side....WE'VE got this!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Lisa F.
on 6/7/16 10:47 am, edited 6/7/16 3:48 am
VSG on 06/06/16

Hey Anita!

WWelcome from the other side! How did your surgery go?

Mine went fine. She also repaired a hiatal hernia, so my recovery might be longer. Last night was brutal...anesthesia... But today I'm a little better.  IS taking me hours to drink a small glass of apple juice  

Everyone here has been great.  The worst is over!!

thinking of you and hope you are well  

and thanks to everyone *****plied. It helped to fight the pre surgery jitters. 

Anita
on 6/8/16 4:20 pm

Hi there....just got home a little while ago.....had a rough time with anesthesia and pain meds, but finally feeling almost human......I know that in a day or so I'll be happy that I've done this, but for right now I'm still struggling with some "buyer's remorse." My hernia repair has been the biggest problem....apparently it was pretty bad.

STruggled to get enough water in today so that I could go home....I really didn't want to spend anther night in the hospital...I've got bruises all over my hands and arms from all the shots and stuff......my blood vessels are kind of fragile.......

Anyhow....glad we're both done!! Onward and upward!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Most Active
Recent Topics