OMG.....3 days to go!!! Nervous - sorry VENTING

Anita
on 6/3/16 8:14 am

Thanks Chris.....headed to the store in a while, so I'll be sure to look for it.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 8:22 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Dont know how tech savvy you are, but I downloaded probably 8 movies onto my laptop before I went to the hospital. I got bored of the same 15 channels on the TV, so when I wasnt sleeping or walking I would start a movie. Generally I'd fall asleep and pause it, and resume when I woke back up. I brought my kindle so that I could read but didnt even touch it. Looking back, while I didnt feel really drugged up I can see I definitely was.

I got a lot more value from the movies than the TV though, for sure.

and Biotene for the first day is so nice to have. Lets your mouth feel not super dry

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Anita
on 6/3/16 9:39 am

Woo hoo.....I have a $6 coupon for CVS.......so, Mio, Biotene and a few other things will go into my basket. Not sure I want to bring my laptop....although I'm a technological dinosaur, I have downloaded some movies and other stuff....usually when I call anyone for tech support though, I explain that I'm old and need their help.....works every time!

I think I'll pick up some magazines (lighter in weight than the laptop) and catch up with whatever is going on out there in the world....everything EXCEPT the Kardashians........OMG.......I think I'd kill myself if that was all there was to read!!!

alouisa63
on 6/3/16 10:36 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

The day before my surgery I did errands that I knew I couldn't do immediately after ... like buy and add salt to the water softener, get ice, change beds.  Anything that involved lifting more than 5 pounds was done that day.  Weeding was also done!   I tried to relax and remember that I was doing this to make my life easier in the long run.  In hindsight, best decision I ever made (next to dumping the loser of a BF who is now living in his car!!)

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

Dikki
on 6/4/16 4:43 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 06/09/16

Anita - you are going to do fine!   Your post made me laugh - I am freaking out myself - surgery is on June 9th.  Doing the liver shrinking diet and have dropped 10 lbs - and feeling *****y and anxious.   Trying to feel all calm and laid back but that's a dream :).  

Have always had trouble knowing the difference between head hunger and real hunger.  If I was eating right now - I would be calming down this anxiety with something fried.  They say that running helps!  LOL?   Sorry - that was so not funny :).  

Yes - this is the right decision - I'm getting older and at least one knee needs replacing so I can exercise and get off the sidelines !  

You've got this!  

Anita
on 6/4/16 6:10 pm

Hi Dikki.......yes, this liver shrinking diet is a real joy....LOL....actually, the funny thing is that I'm not really hungry....amazing how that happens when you know you are on the way to a better option.

I was banded in 2006....did well for a long time and then, like you, life got in the way a bit and my hiatal hernia decided to really act up. So, on Monday, I'll get my sleeve and lose my hernia......will stay on Nexium for 3 months, but hopefully after that I won't have that worry anymore.

I've got 10 years on you.....will be 71 in November and I want to be a much thinner version of myself!

Tomorrow I'm on all clear liquids......for sure I'll be a joy by the end of the day. Unfortunately I have a funeral first thing in the morning and then I have to do the magnesium citrate thing in the afternoon......."luckily" I'll be alone for the rest of the day! My significant other is away for the weekend and will be home around 9 PM so he's lucky enough to miss my insanity.

Well.....good luck to both of us this week......yes, WE are going to be fine!!! I believe the worst of my jitters are over...at least for now!

Anita

Most Active
Recent Topics