5 Day Pouch Test

Grim_Traveller
on 6/2/16 2:27 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Like times a million.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

janinemarie
on 6/2/16 10:02 am

Even though I had a revision a few months ago, I did the 5 day pouch test a few years ago and it did help me.  Its something I could see using in the future.  Many people use cleanses to drop a few pounds or help with digestive issue, this is not much different.  I do believe the 5 day pouch test was intended for ryn patients because they do have pouches.    

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/3/16 7:38 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

janinemarie
on 6/3/16 8:39 am

True, there is no proven research that cleanses work.  But that doesn't mean it won't help some people and there are many different kinds of "cleanses" that people would try. Spending money to do a cleanse would be foolish.  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/3/16 8:42 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Even if people get a boost from the hydration, the placebo effect is a dangerous thing; people may think they have a magic solution, rather than taking actual, PROVEN, steps to improve their health. Plus it's entirely possible that a "free homemade cleanse" could be harmful.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Theduffman27
on 6/2/16 10:09 am
VSG on 11/19/14

** Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with the 5DPT , nor am I profiting in any way, shape or manner, nor promoting the use of the 5DPT. The 5DPT is to be used at your own discretion. Please do not try this at home. LOL

Theduffman27
on 6/2/16 10:18 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I stand by the pouch, call it what you choose, I respect that.

Taken from the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery ( Website).

Sleeve Gastrectomy

gastric_sleeve

The Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy - often called the sleeve - is performed by removing approximately 80 percent of the stomach. The remaining stomach is a tubular pouch that resembles a banana.

The Procedure

This procedure works by several mechanisms. First, the new stomach pouch holds a considerably smaller volume than the normal stomach and helps to significantly reduce the amount of food (and thus calories) that can be consumed. The greater impact, however, seems to be the effect the surgery has on gut hormones that impact a number of factors including hunger, satiety, and blood sugar control

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/2/16 10:46 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

The procedure is a Sleeve Gastrectomy, you do see the word sleeve right? You do see that your stomach is in the shape of a sleeve, not a pouch, you do know post op requirements are different for one who has a sleeve, not a pouch. You do know you that it's called Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Not Vertical Pouch Gastrectomy. 

These are not interchangeable, they are not 1 & the same. It's for that very reason why its called a sleeve & the procedure is the VSG, it's to avoid confusion.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/16 1:09 pm
RNY on 12/15/15

I don't know why everyone is so hung up on the OP calling his stomach a pouch. His Doctor refers to it as a pouch and so does the OP. If you want to argue for the sake of arguing there are better places to do it, rather than a support message board. 

I have never done the pouch test (I'm only 5.5 months out) but sometimes when I felt like I have made a poor choice I will start the next day with a protein shake. It seems to get me back on track so one poor choice doesn't turn into my old habits. I assume the 5DPT has done a similar thing for the OP. If it helps you than GO FOR IT!! I appreciate reading that it works for some and may be an option for the future.

And Great job on recognizing that you fell into old habits and took immediate action to change it! Many people gain back 50lbs before they take action.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/2/16 2:59 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm not arguing with the op, as long as he & his Dr are on the same page, as in getting the right treatment post op for a sleever, then fine. The problem is when people come here & refer their sleeve as a pouch, which has a different meaning. 

Again its to prevent confusion.

Support doesn't mean just nod your head & give answers that you only want to hear. Read the entire thread & try to understand where people are coming from before jumping to conclusions.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics