Weight gain after 2.5 years

Gucci.layne
on 6/1/16 10:30 am
VSG on 07/01/13

800-900 calories a day is all I consume. 75-80 of protein, I have been consuming a bit of carbs of course bc of the crackers. I don't eat much bread at all, no pasta. My whole concern is the fact that as far as calories and protein nothing has changed, and I'm not eating tons of carbs but I am certain I am consuming a bit more carbs but nothing major. I dropped the crackers two days ago, I was eating two peanut butter crackers, the small 4 pack of crackers I'd eat two then maybe 2-3 hours later I might eat my protein bar (it's the only thing that I can hold down) when I eat salmon, chicken, any meat I usually throw up, I never get to veggies unless I eat them separately at another time. I cannot even think about eating 4 oz of any meat at all. I can eat about three pieces of chicken that is the size of a dime and that's it. Then 2 hours later I feel hungry, So I usually end up eating a protein bar because I can eat that without getting sick and it tends to help me not feel hungry as soon. Maybe it's a mix of retaining water maybe and a bit of depression mixed with the fact that I no longer have my time of the month because of the surgery I had. I don't feel that I need to go to over eaters annoymous because added all up I'm not over consuming. I get headaches if I don't eat sometimes, this is all in the last 4-6 months.. I appreciate all the suggestions, I am just completely stressing out and so worried, I cannot gain anymore weight and I need to at least get back to the size 11, as I felt pretty good then. The big issue to me also is the HUGE amount of luggage I'm carrying in the front... I have referred to it as a front butt, my legs, arms, back, hips are nothing (I have no butt and I'm a chicken legs person, no hips at all either) everything is right in front. I have a picture in my first comment (it should be there) if that was gone I feel like I could do so much more.. I've seen people that lost the same about as me and they just have super loose skin mine is flabby but not just skin.. I'm trying, but yes I am so very worried and frustrated!! Thank you all

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/1/16 10:50 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you can't keep meat down, you may want to check in with your surgeon to make sure everything looks OK. It's possible that something's going wrong with your body, and your doctor can help figure out what's going on.

FWIW, I can't eat 4oz of dense protein at 2.5 years out. I can MAYBE do 3oz if I eat very slowly, but I usually stick to about 2.5oz.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Gucci.layne
on 6/1/16 11:27 am
VSG on 07/01/13

At the most 2 oz is all I can do without it coming back up. My dr is in Mexico, we have been in contact several times in the past 4 months. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/1/16 11:30 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Are there any bariatric doctors in your town? Many surgeons will take patients who had their operations elsewhere, like if somebody moves to a new city. It might be helpful to find someone who can see you in person, and it certainly couldn't hurt to call around and ask! :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/1/16 11:51 am, edited 6/1/16 5:25 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Are you checking the calorie count on the crackers and bread that you're eating?  It sounds to me like you're trying to rationalize eating small quantities of them.  I don't think you fully comprehend how much they can sabotage your weight loss.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/1/16 1:09 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time right now. I think you need to find a bariatric surgeon here in the states to check you out. You really shouldn't be throwing up on dense protein & only be able to keep down protein bars.

If you're at the point where you've stopped losing & are gaining, you're eating too much. As we work our way down we have to cut back to keep losing, bummer right?!?, but it is what it is.

OA isn't just for people who eat too much, its to help with all the stress stuff too, & you've got a lot of stress stuff going on & I'd suggest going there if anything just to help with that & its free.

Don't worry about the exercise right now, you don't have to spend hours in the gym or wherever to get a workout in. Start simple & just walk, build up speed & distance slowly. I started out this way, if you decide to go further with it great, if not, its ok. A lot of people have lost the weight without a ton of exercise.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

hollykim
on 6/1/16 2:14 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

being sick from meat could be acid, which is very usual after VSG. Are you taking a PPI, like Necium. It can be bought over the counter. Until you can eat meat and quit this  carbs you are not going to lose

happyteacher
on 6/1/16 6:33 pm

When I read the original post, the line saying in the last 6 months you have been dealing with hunger. That happened to me and acid was the culprit. Now on this post I see you are having a little trouble keeping food down- that also happened to me and was a hiatel hernia. If you are not using a PPI (and you are able to) try that and see if it helps. 

There is a lot of exercise you an do without a gym. The hubby and I would go for long walks most nights. Good for the spirit and very helpful to stay on track. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/16 11:15 am

Looking at ourselves after weight loss surgery is a major and long process. Before surgery we would not count things we would not eat right. It easy to fall back into old behaviors we had.

Log all of your food. I have not lost all the weight that I would have like to. But I know my tool is still working. I do still feel full. 

I don't go to the gym. I put on my sneakers and walk about four to five miles a day.

Sometimes what we hear are not judgment it is encouragement.

Get rid of the crackers. I would also have your labs checked if you are tired. Depression can cause being tired also. 

Take care of yourself. 

Hislady
on 6/1/16 2:12 pm - Vancouver, WA

The fact that you can't keep down dense protein sounds to me as if you may have developed a stricture that needs to be stretched out. If that is the case you will need a local doc to do. That would then allow you to eat the dense protein you need to feel fuller. You should be able to eat more than a few bites this far out and carbs always go down easier than denser foods.

Most Active
Recent Topics