Appox 2 months out NSVs

petra65
on 5/25/16 6:04 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

Thanks for sharing.  Great inspiration while in the pre-op waiting stage.

Kathleen14
on 5/27/16 12:44 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

Congratulations! So wonderful to hear all the accomplishments you've achieved. I'm 5 weeks out and weight loss seems to be going slower than most so I'm hoping to have these same victories soon. It's a great inspiration to read this! Much appreciation!

because I'm a newbie, mind if I ask a few questions? Why do I see so many lap band patients get revisions to the VSG? I had been debating between both and chose VSG.

what is NSV? Haven't learned the WLS terms yet!

what foods do you find yourself gravitating to each day to keep you on track?

thanks for your time and wonderful inspiration!!!

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/27/16 9:44 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Lapbands were a good idea according to science at the time they were commonly put in.  That ended just after mine was put in in 2008, as VSG became approved by more insurance companies and doctors practiced it more it's taken over as the better of the two methods.  The reason a lot of lap bands come out is because you just can go putting plastic in your body and it not run and cause friction.  Many people have a lot of trouble after years of use.

NSV is none scale victory.  The term really means the scale is only one way to see results.  You might enjoy many other benifits and see your loss in other ways like clothing fitting looser, finding your chin, or having the ability to do more activity.  

As for foods, there are three main components to any food, protien, fats, and carbs.  I eat foods high in that order.  I trying to stay far away from carbs because I have an issue stopping once I've started.  Cookies, become chips, and the ice cream, and more cookies.  So I decided to just say no to sweets and other carby items.  So the first thing I look at on a label is the protien, then fat, and double check they haven't shoved carbs in.  For instance hotdogs have a good learning curve.  You can find hotdogs with 3xs more fat than protien or ones with equal amounts.  But not too fast check the sugar because some companies load them up with sugar.  This can be a similar issue with lunch meat Foods I like is turkey pepperoni by Boarshead, lunch meat, eggs, cheese, jerky, baked fish, pan seared steak and chicken.  I do eat some fruit and some veggies as well but normally they are 1oz or less with a meal or I eat them for snacks.  I can eat 3-4oz of meat, if I have 3 I do top off with a veggie or if closer to 4-4.5 then that's all I'm eating.  My stomach can eat more softer mats like ground hamburger or fish, solid meats like chicken or stea****ep those portions under 4oz.

Ask more questions if you like.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Kathleen14
on 6/1/16 3:35 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

Thank you SO much for taking the time to answer these questions. I truly appreciate it! Much good information and very interesting about the hot dogs fat/sugar content. I'll watch for that and never thought about turkey pepperoni before. But it makes good sense. 

My surgeon was really pushing for the lap band and was concerned about weight gain after 3 years with VSG. After much research I decided on VSG  and am very happy with the choice. I know I need to change my past bad habits and fight the fight to not gain the weight back. I really appreciate your feedback. Sorry it took so long to thank you, had trouble finding this comment!

Steph Meat Hag
on 6/1/16 7:27 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Happy to help.  I'm on a platu not loosing but I'm not really frustrated.  I know if I keep up normal eating habits that I'll drop.  Calories could be tightened up some, I range 800-1000 at current.  However I'm totally seeing the bright side and I'm just shy of 50lbs and it's made a real difference.  Until more loss I'll just keep hanging out till I start dropping again.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Kathleen14
on 6/2/16 4:48 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

I love hearing that confidence. And you will prevail. As frustrating as it can get the thing that gives me confidence is that I can't just go and binge like I used to when things didn't go my way and of course end up gaining the weight back from a stupid emotional decision. It gives me a sense of serenity I didn't have before. I have to remember this when I do have a big plateau-so far biggest was 5 days. In the past I don't think I ever had a chance to have a real plateau and would get upset (and immature) after a couple days of not losing. Yours will break soon. And 50 lbs is fantasti****ep up the excellent work. Love reading your Accomplishments!

Most Active
Recent Topics