VSG in Mexico. Dr Fernando Garcia Govea

stephanie62
on 5/20/16 11:14 am
VSG on 08/01/15

Hi everyone, 

I am considering have weight loss revision surgery to VSG in Tijuana with Dr Fernando Garcia.  I was wondering if any of his patients are on here and if you could tell me of your experiences traveling out of the country?  

Thank You

Laleman01
on 7/20/16 10:30 pm
VSG on 07/15/16

You've picked a great doctor who is ethical and has a lot of experience. My husband and I just had vsg on 07/15/16 and the experience was great! You arrive and check in at Tijuana Marriott which is a four star hotel, very safe, and very good. Then you do your pre op tests (blood, ekg, medical history etc.) you then speak to one of the associate doctors who will explain the procedure in detail and answer all of your questions. Then you schedule your surgery time. Day of surgery you check out of hotel, get picked up by hospital driver, go to hospital and get IV. You then wait to be called In to surgery and you get taken to recovery room area. Then you go to your own private junior suite with bathroom and satellite tv with Netflix capabilities wifi etc. the nurses tend to your every need and will give you medicine for any discomfort. You will need to WALK as much as possible to get all of the gas out of your system as this is what causes the most discomfort post surgery. There was little to no pain! I recommend you take some gas x strips to help with the gas. After 2 days you get transported to a leak testing center and then back to Marriott hotel. The hotel gives you free broth, Popsicles and water. They also offer gelatin for a small fee. You stay for 2 more days to recover and then back to San Diego airport. If you want to take a great tour ask for Junior the driver! He's great and will show you a good time. He took us to the beach and shopping and to a place that had some really good broth! Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions. 

Most Active
Recent Topics