3rd day after surgery feeling unsure

jtmama9194
on 5/13/16 11:21 am
VSG on 05/10/16 with

I had my surgery on the 10th and not sure how I feel to tell you the truth. I have been making myself drink 2oz of slim fast twice a day, chicken booth and sipping water all day all day. My tummy always seems to always hurts any help will be a wonderful. The pain meds are not helping one bit. Please tell me it will go aways soon

Kris R.
on 5/13/16 11:38 am - Walworth, NY

It will go away - and try things at room temperature.  Hot/cold items can cause the tummy to cramp.  I still drink everything at room temp. and I'm 3 months out.  Hang in.. You've got this.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

jtmama9194
on 5/13/16 11:43 am
VSG on 05/10/16 with

Thank you for the kind words "One Day At A Time" my motto I am trying to live with

KarolElin
on 5/13/16 12:45 pm

I am 4th day Post Op. It gets better. Just keep sipping and stepping, get up walk around, it helps with the pressure and full feeling. Hydration right now is most important part. Good luck.

"Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle."-Jon Acuff

5'11" HW 368;  SW 294; 1 MO -10.2; 2 MO -7.9; 3 MO -12.4; 4 MO -8.4; 5 MO -7.1  CW 242

jtmama9194
on 5/17/16 2:34 pm
VSG on 05/10/16 with

Thank you

MsMBryant
on 5/13/16 2:10 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

It gets better..... I promise!  I was the same way 3 days out, unsure and wondering will this ever get better and it did.  Be sure to stay hydrated, keep sipping.  It so annoying to constantly be drinking, but I found the more I drank the better I felt.  I'm now six weeks out and I still sip all day to get my water in, but I know it will make feel better.  You can do it.  You have come this far, keep on keeping on.  It will all be worth it when you see the scale go down on your follow-up visit.  Be encouraged and best of luck to you.

jtmama9194
on 5/17/16 2:37 pm
VSG on 05/10/16 with

Thank you

L. 68
on 5/19/16 12:46 pm

Hi MsMBryant,

Hold up wait a minute tell me again you lost 80 lbs in 6 weeks?  You go Girl  dammit i cant wait for mine next week.. 

Congratulations Pretty!!

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

MsMBryant
on 6/13/16 9:23 am
VSG on 04/06/16

Hi Liposuction 68,

LOl!  

First my apology for the late response.  I hate to tell you, NO Ma'am, I did not lose 80 lbs in 6 weeks.  I actually lost 60 lbs prior to my surgery on 4/6/16.  Since then, I've lost an additional 30lbs, as a matter of fact as of today I'm down 90lbs from the start of my life style change.  I got really serious about it Jan 4th of this year.

I just posted today, that the surgery is simply a tool, it takes a renewed mind and determination on this journey.  My ex sister-in-law made a comment to my ex-husband (thank God he had my back) "Yeah! She lost weight because she had the surgery."  He quickly expressed his frustration and explained to her and his entire family that I work out daily, with exception of weekends, and make better choices regarding what I eat.  Her comment, simply motivated me!! 

I hope this helps and I pray your surgery went well.

Feel free to message me anytime.

Be encourage!

Ms. B

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/16 2:49 pm

It will get better every day. Just sip and walk, sip and walk and repeat that over and over. Slim Fast if you drinking that brand has a lot of carbs and not much protein. You might feel better sooner if you switched to a different higher protein, lower carb brand of shake. Before you know it the pain and discomfort will be gone and a whole new you will take its place.

Most Active
Recent Topics