Post op day 1

ubserved
on 5/13/16 9:55 am

I will bet it's acid buildup. get your doctor to phone in a script for Prilosec. You can also buy it over the counter, costco as usual has good deal on them. The script will be cheaper more than likely. Take one, just get it down somehow, Then within like 20-30 minutes, you will be amazed at the relief as the acid levels are reduced. Good luck and hang in there. This will pass.

Darcy G.
on 5/16/16 6:50 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Get a PPI before you start vomiting bile... It's really no fun.

Once I got a PPI that worked for me, there was more room in my stomach from all the acid not just sitting there,making me miserable. Fluids got easier, protein too. Acid can be an unbelievably big obstacle to your grams and ounces.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Tizzles
on 5/20/16 1:27 am

Thank you for the tip about Premier protein shakes. That's a lot of protein, do they have a ton of carbs? Do they taste yucky? I'm sure if they were gross you wouldn't drink them but I mean everyone's taste buds are different, just kind of looking for some details on taste. It's such a good tip because extra protein will help you heal faster.

ubserved
on 5/20/16 9:09 am

They aren't high carb at all. I have tried the Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla ones, I only like the Chocolate ones, they are best cold, if they are warm, they are a little ugh. 

Tizzles
on 5/20/16 12:08 pm, edited 5/20/16 5:10 am

Thanks! I'll keep them in mind. I always loved the taste of the chocolate slim fasts, but I've tried the vegan chocolate shakeology drinks too, and with a tbsp of PB and half a banana with some almond milk they're pretty yummy, but you've got to dress them up a lot. At least I did! I think it also helped too that a lot of things taste too sweet to me since I'm T2Diabetic and don't do sugar. Anywho, thank you again

Newbie2016
on 5/13/16 11:38 am
VSG on 05/11/16

I had that problem, I think we may be closely matched.  I had surgery on may 10th.  I'm still using the 30 ml cups to sip slow, im scared to drink a true sip, because the gas goes crazy, but it's getting better by the day.  Im trying to drink this protein, and water, and a little apple juice cuz it tastes good.  it's all hard to do.  i'd rather sleep.  

Age 38, Pre Op Weight 244, Surgery Weight 230, Goal 165

P goode
on 5/13/16 4:30 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

Well the ppi did help.I spoke to my doc and he said I had to drink a minimum of 2 cups over 4hours all day or I would fall behind quick and end up in the er getting an Iv this weekend.I send hubs to the store and opened up a capsule. It had granules and a tablet inside the capsule- weird, but I got the granules down and that has helped. I have managed 2 cups since this afternoon and I'm thinking by midnight I can get to my goal for the day. Apple juice and chicken broth is mostly what I've been drinking. Dissolved a tablespoon of honey in a cup of water and warmed it and that was ok. I feel really sleepy as well and have been in and out of bed all day.

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

Most Active
Recent Topics