3 weeks Post Op, Pain after Eating

anewme99
on 5/11/16 7:44 am
VSG on 04/23/16

Hi There,

I am 2.5 weeks post op, I have been steadily gained my energy and strength back and I'm feeling good. I'm down 18 pounds which I'm super pleased with.

I've been following my surgeons directions as far as stages, I am on pureed currently and I am allowed creamy soups, eggs, yogurt, and cream of wheat/oatmeal.

My water intake hasn't been the stellar, I average 40 oz including my protein shakes.

I find when I eat an egg or oatmeal after a few bites I get a stabbing type pain under my left rib cage.  It lasts maybe 10 - 15 minutes.

Would this be the full signal or possible Gas?  Or perhaps my tummy isn't ready for what I've been eating.  I otherwise feel very well.

Wondered if anyone else is experiencing this...Thanks!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/11/16 7:55 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You won't feel any sort of full feeling for quite a while yet.

If you have unexplained pain, don't rely on Internet strangers-- call your doctor.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

anewme99
on 5/11/16 8:05 am
VSG on 04/23/16

Thanks I do have an appointment with my doctor just looking to see if anyone else has experienced this...

White Dove
on 5/11/16 8:27 am - Warren, OH

That happened to me.  My doctor said it was a strained pouch and that I should go back to full liquids for a few days to let it heal.  Try that while waiting for your doctor appointment...

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

handtlkr
on 5/11/16 9:10 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I used to eat eggs everyday for several years. I never had a cholesterol problem either.  However, since I had the VSG, I don't tolerate eggs well. Could just be one of those foods that doesn't agree with you since the surgery. 

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

anewme99
on 5/11/16 9:33 am
VSG on 04/23/16

I'm thinking this could be true, it does seem to be only when I eat eggs...which is a bummer because I love them.

I'm going to stop eating them to see if that helps.  

As well, as soon as the feeling comes on I take a Gas X and that has helped too.

Thanks!

Ray R.
on 5/11/16 8:09 pm - Paterson, NJ

from what my NP told me even though runny eggs (on our puree phase) are allowed, they're actually the biggest offender on pain and vomitting on most patients and don't recommend them till we are further out. do you get the same feel with creamy soups? or yogurt? and how much are you also eating? are you waiting a full 30 mins of no drinking before you eat? just a thought......

ChristyO
on 5/12/16 11:34 am
RNY on 02/01/16

No, I've never had any pain. 

ChristyO

Height 5'4

S.W. 251

C.W. 129

G.W. 125

Most Active
Recent Topics