Looking for a surgeon

gnbell
on 5/10/16 10:48 am

I am looking for a surgeon who would preform a weight loss surgery on a person who does not meet the BMI qualifications without going out of the country.  I have tried everything to lose weight.  I lose it only to gain it back again.  I am not looking for an easy way out I just want the stress of the weight to be gone.  I have other health issues that would improve with the surgery if I could only find someone who would preform it.  My insurance would not cover the procedure and I would be paying cash.  If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.  

hollykim
on 5/10/16 1:49 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 10, 2016 at 5:48 PM Pacific Time, gnbell wrote:

I am looking for a surgeon who would preform a weight loss surgery on a person who does not meet the BMI qualifications without going out of the country.  I have tried everything to lose weight.  I lose it only to gain it back again.  I am not looking for an easy way out I just want the stress of the weight to be gone.  I have other health issues that would improve with the surgery if I could only find someone who would preform it.  My insurance would not cover the procedure and I would be paying cash.  If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.  

any surgeon in your town will do it for cash.

Rai
on 5/11/16 4:27 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16

If you have comorbidities which will be resolved by the procedure you should discuss that with a bariatric surgeon. Also, talk to your insurance provider and find out what the requirements are.

Modifying my sexy!            
Sandra F.
on 5/11/16 6:13 am

I don't know where you are located but when I was looking (I was self-pay too), I found a surgeon in Charlotte for around $11000.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name but I'm sure there aren't that many bariatric surgeons in Charlotte. 

gnbell
on 5/12/16 9:51 am

I have found no one close to me who will do it, even self pay.  I found the doctor in South Carolina, but that is a little far.  I live in the Savannah Georgia area.  I heard there was a doctor in Brunswick, Ga. that would do it, but I can't find out who it is.  My BMI is almost 30.

Kathy S.
on 5/12/16 11:19 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am having a problem understanding why those other surgeons would not do it with you paying cash.    Sending you a PM  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Hopeful7
on 5/21/16 7:24 am

gnbell, what was the doctor's name you found in South Carolina????

I live in SC and am trying to find a surgeon who will do the VSG on me. My BMI is 31/32.

Please let me know. Thanks! 

Hopeful7
on 5/21/16 8:07 am

Sandra F., where did you find the surgeon in Charlotte that would do the surgery for $11K?

Hopeful7
on 5/21/16 7:36 am

gnbell, what was the doctor's name you found in South Carolina????

I live in SC and am trying to find a surgeon who will do the VSG on me. My BMI is 31/32.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics