Energy

Rai
on 5/10/16 9:00 pm - NY
VSG on 05/04/16

5 days post op: Went to the mall, grocery shopping, rearranged my bedroom, cleaned my closets, packed for my trip next month...that was just today.

Modifying my sexy!            
Steph Meat Hag
on 5/11/16 10:57 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

A bit of a sea saw... when I first came back to works 2 weeks after I was really tired after a day and finally said I will work the rest of the week at home.  I came back at 3 weeks and it was night and day.  However as my personal energy expenditure increased such as at 4 weeks I joined a work out class and my energy was hard to find.  So I felt better and more able but at the same time my body was recovering and getting used to operating on a 600-800 calorie a day plan.  So I learned to eat and drink plenty on days I was going to work out.  Next at my 6 week appointment I found out my iron was low.  Taking the iron supplement each day has really brought me up to speed again.  

I'm now at just shy of 8 weeks and I eat 800 calories a day, I find that gives me 70-80 protein and a little room for a packet of sugar in my coffee or tea.  I do very low carb normally under 20-25g a day so the small treat of a sugar packet is nice.  Also in the morning it's a bit of brain juice LOL.  I take 2 multi vitamins a day as well as calcium, vitamin C and iron.  I do not need to take the B12 per docs orders.  

I truly believe you'll find your balance of what amount of food works for you as you heal up.  Don't worry too much before 6 weeks cause before that things were still settling in for me.  But experiment with how many calories you need, and what type of energy you want to expend.  If your idea is just being able to walk easily to the printer and to your car at work, then that will come early on.  If you're wanting to participate in an exercise program or getting out more that'll only take several weeks to begin working on.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics