Help! I need encouragement a sap!!

lolabigcups
on 5/9/16 7:46 pm - Napoleon, OH
VSG on 10/05/12 with

Help! I had my sleeve surgery October of 2012. I have gained 15 pounds recently and I just can't seem to shake them!! I would actually love to get to 145. I currently weigh 170. Every time I step on the scale the numbers keep going up. I walk on average  30 miles a week but can't seem to lose not even 1 pound. I'm so very discouraged right now.if I ask friends or family for help or encouragement all I get is"you look fine" that's not what I want to hear.

frisco
on 5/10/16 12:09 am

I don't know if this is encouragement.... But it is the truth and the answer.

You have to eat significantly less food.

Call it a diet, call it what you may.

Your exercise sounds fine.

Try 800 calories a day max for 2 solid weeks and I think you will find your answer.

You can do it, it will take commitment and compliance !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kris R.
on 5/10/16 5:22 am - Walworth, NY

You've got this.  If you want to drop those pounds then you need to drop the calories.  Start your journal up again and change things up a little, walk in the mornings if you walk at night.  Your body is used to what you've been doing.  Spice it up a little.  And again.. You've got this.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

FuturePinUp
on 5/10/16 10:53 am

Aside from the awesome advice already given by Frisco - what are you eating? I'm only about 11 months out but time and time again see people with regain have great success when they go back to not only eating less calories but also eating the right calories. So, prioritizing protein and then veggies, with minimal to no carbs.  

Exercise is awesome and can only help, but ultimately diet is what determines our weight most of all.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/10/16 11:34 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You can't out-exercise a bad diet.

Take a good, hard look at what you're eating. Weigh and measure everything-- including nibbles, tastes when you're cooking, etc. Guessing that you had 2oz of chicken breast isn't enough-- stick that puppy on the scale and log 1.82oz exactly.

Most folks need 600 - 800 calories to lose, and 1000 - 1200 to maintain. 60+g protein, >40g carbs, as much water as you can get. Stick to that for a week and see where you go.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/10/16 3:58 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

^^^ What Julie said.  Exercise isn't going to impact your weight loss.  You need to restrict your caloric intake.

If you're not tracking everything you eat, start by using an app such as My Fitness Pal.  See how many calories you're actually taking in per day.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

lolabigcups
on 5/10/16 5:14 pm - Napoleon, OH
VSG on 10/05/12 with

Thanks for everyone's input!! And yes I can't out excercise or out run the amount of calories I eat. I realize I'm eating way too many carbs and that's it!!i have become complacent in my weight loss journey and that's all on me!! Im gonna take charge again like did and lost 120 pounds. I am pissed at myself because I saved for this surgery for 2 years and paid it all out of my pocket. I can't go back, I just can't! I can only go forward!! So onward I go!! 

Ivorybird
on 5/11/16 11:25 am - San Francisco, CA
VSG on 09/19/13

I just met with my Doc after a gain that took me above goal.

Frisco's advice is right on target.  He told me drop the calories to 800, very low carbs, very high protein.  It will help detox the cravings and reduce the hunger, and jump start things.  You still have the tool, you just need to work it.

Today is my day one, I'm sitting here with my water white knuckling things - I know it will be better in a day or two once I get over that hump.

It's hard, but be aggressive and you can do it!

Surgery Date 9/19/13 Dr. Cirangle

HW 267.8  SW 261 GW 155 Blog:http://onwardanddownwardsf.weebly.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active
Recent Topics