Tips to stop mindless eating

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/16 2:10 pm

The farther post op we get the easier it is to revert to old habits. The one I see the most (and am guilty of, too) is a reversion to mindless eating. The following is a link to a nice article that cites scientific evidenced based strategies that help minimize mindless eating. 

Tips to stop mindless eating

PapaJack
on 5/9/16 3:21 pm - VA

The food is made in such away to make you crave it. This is why 98% of diets fail.  It is designed to make us coming back. Watch FOOD, INC.  This is why there is a big chance we will gain are weight back.

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

Grim_Traveller
on 5/9/16 6:59 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

You really love pushing that movie. Were you in it? Have stock in it?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

PapaJack
on 5/10/16 2:29 am - VA

We are all here because of the food we eat.  If we continue eating the same food we will end up where we were again. Sick and over weight.  This way of eating saved my wife's life and two friends.  Doctors get no nutritional training.  Unless we have the properinformation about food we will remain in this group.  When my brother had a heart attack, the heart doctor told him if you eat a whole plant diet you will never have to see me again.  The Doctor is from Asia.  My friend was told by his Doctor to cut back on what he was eating.  My friend is now dead.  IF FOOD IS CAUSING OUR PROBLEMS, WHY SHOULD WE NOT KNOW THE RIGHT FOOD CAN FIX IT. I am angry because we are being lied to about our health.  If my wife's Doctor had not been from India, and not tell her to eat whole plant food, she would be on her way to a heart attack.  Now her cholesterol is 171down from 345 in two months.  Mine is 134 down from 190.  150 is the magic number. Not 200. Under 150 we are heart attack proof.  

The USDA is in business to promote meat and dairy business.  That's why we are sick.  Have you noticed very few people are getting better?  Because we are all doing the same thing?  There are no side effects from eating the right food.  Maybe if they can try it for just 30 days.  Then look at your results.  It is such a easy fix to our bad health, but we are against it right away because it is against our belief system.  So we stay sick and die.

It's like when we tell someone how weight loss surgery helped us, but the person says he wouldn't do it.  He is over 300 pounds. He is in bad health.  Four years later he is dead. 

It's about giving us control of our own health.

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

Grim_Traveller
on 5/10/16 5:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I have to say, you have certainly honed your cutting and pasting skills.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

bigloser16
on 5/10/16 12:18 pm
VSG on 07/28/16

My Dad had a heart attack and his Cholosterol was 137. So there is no guarantee. I just didn't want people out there thinking there is no way they will have a heart attack. It's also has to do with heredity.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/16 11:59 pm

I don't understand how that film is relevant to this thread. I know it's a fascinating look at the food industry, but this article is about personal strategies to help people deal with their mindless/disordered eating. 

RobinMeadows
on 5/10/16 12:41 pm

I disagree with your statement that "there is a big chance we will gain are weight back."  I had RNY surgery in 2004.  I have not gained my weight back.  Yes I slip up on occasion but I do not let that rule my personal goal of remaining a thin person. I maintain a positive healthy outlook about my journey.  Food is just a part of my life not my whole life as it used to be before my surgery.  Food does not control me.

Darcy G.
on 5/9/16 5:30 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Great article! Thank you for posting it!

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/16 6:15 pm

Thank you for posting the link. A very interesting and thought provoking article.

Most Active
Recent Topics