POST OP DAY 18 QUESTIONS

JP807
on 5/9/16 1:03 pm
VSG on 04/21/16

Hello all,

Just wanted to see I have started on Week three or about the middle now and have eaten everything I have tried so far, so I guess that is good news.  I guess the bad news was that scary #2 which was a bear!  I started yesterday as I have eaten all my life was good ol oatmeal.  I ate about whatever that little packet was of sugar free oatmeal and today whallla like ol times.  That is my only carb consumption to be sure I do not screw up!  However, with that being said I have watched my portions and knock on wood when I start to think I am full I quit, yet sometimes and here is the question; does anyone feel they can just keep going (eating) I mean!  I still am not sure of my full status!  The toughest thing to date is the water intake before meals and after and never during - that is tough!  I guess what I am saying if I do the serving size like I did cream of wheat and it swells up, yet I eat the whole thing is that all right? I am waiting for my nutrion lady to call, but need answers before that happens...they are always a day or two behind!

Thanks all and sorry to sound so graphic, but it is aprt of the process for all the newbies!   Down 42 since I started so feeling good right now!

Bufflehead
on 5/9/16 1:20 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

At this point you really aren't supposed to be sure of a "full" status. Your stomach and associated nerves are still healing from the trauma of surgery. That is why you pre-measure a very small portion and never eat more than that. Good luck!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/9/16 7:24 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

HaHa, looking at the title of your post, I thought you had 18 questions, so glad its not that many! lol

Anyway, yes you will feel like you can eat more, being so fresh from surgery. Nerves have been cut so you won't get that feeling of fullness till you are much further out from surgery & healed up. Sticking with your Drs plan is very important right now, so you're doing a great job of making sure to only eat measured portions & stopping.

The no liquids during meals is a tough habit to break, but once you've done it on a regular basis, it'll be much easier, it definitely keeps my eyes on the clock, no doubt about that!

I haven't had cream of wheat in the longest. I tend to stay low carb. Once you're on regular foods you'll probably be more picky on what you spend your carb dollar on., cuz it adds up quick!

Have a speedy recovery. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics