Gotta get it together

mylastchance
on 5/9/16 10:16 am

Thought I'd cross post this message.  I have it on the general discussion forum and had a couple of great ideas.  So here goes.

I am coming up on my 6 year mark.  Last year was not good to me, or should I say I was not good to last year.  We had two close family member deaths in the family 5 weeks apart from the other one was my brother and the other was my daughter-in-law and the life celebrations that followed were somewhat dragged out and caused stress and I am, and have always been a stress eater.

In the past 15 months I have gained approximately 30 lbs.  Not good, not happy.  I am asking for some moral support from someone who may have walked this path before me and how you took hold and won the fight. 

I appreciate any help.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Kathy S.
on 5/9/16 10:41 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/16 11:11 am

I have not been where you are so I cannot speak from experience. However having lost people I love and also being an emotional eater I can share that at least for me what has helped is thinking how much the people I have lost that I love would want for me to take care of myself. They would not want to see me backsliding.

I wish you all the best getting back on track. The fact you are here now says you are ready to start thinking that way and working on it. You can do it.

mylastchance
on 5/9/16 12:23 pm

Thanks,  I know they would want me to take care of myself and that's why I'm here,  getting it together.  I will do it.  I just have to regroup and I am working on that.  Getting the crud out and the good stuff in.  Moving, drinking water, water and more water and checking in with a support group.  I worked too hard to get this chance and  I am not going to go back. 

5' 1"

GoBlueGirl1998
on 5/10/16 9:54 am - MI

Hang in there! Go back to the basics. I have had a little gain here and there and going back to measuring and tracking everything had helped me get back to where I want to be. Life can be hard and throw you curve balls. I'm sorry about both losses you experienced. I wish you success going forward.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

mylastchance
on 5/11/16 11:09 am

Hey thanks.  I have already started on my plan to get it together.  Life does throw us different things to deal with and this one for me was just a double wammy.  I am now good and will get better.

You have done great and keep up the good work.

5' 1"

Most Active
Recent Topics