Update...

DSassano
on 5/9/16 7:42 am - Highland Park, IL
VSG on 02/29/16

Hello all,

Sorry I've been slacking on posting, but I was getting used to the new lifestyle and adapting to the new me.  Anyway since surgery which was on Feb 29th, as of this morning i'm down 40 pounds since surgery and 57 total.  I have tolerated most foods I have tried, no vomiting or, dumping syndrome or anything like that.  Both my surgeon and nutritionist are very please with my dedication and progress so far.  I am looking forward to this summer, and getting ride roller coasters that I couldn't fit on last year.  I would like a few suggestions on how to get more fiber in my diet as I concreted so heavy on Protein which i still am I feel I need a bit more fiber.  I have a few selfie mostly face shots but you can tell how many my face has thinned out.  Anyways thank you listening and being single and going through this has been a challenge with no one to really talk to but I can always count on everyone here.

Kris R.
on 5/9/16 7:51 am - Walworth, NY

I use benefiber daily.  I'm a few weeks ahead of you and now I can have some veggies, but not many.  I did replace one of my snacks with just cucumbers and tomatoes so that with the benefiber usually does it for me. good luck and keep up the great work.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

jenorama
on 5/9/16 8:12 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I also use Benefiber daily and I take a probiotic. This combo has been working really well for me for over a year now. I don't eat too many fiber-filled veggies or fruit these days!

Jen

luvmypuggies
on 5/9/16 10:04 am

Hey - you look terrific!! Congrats on such a great first few months. :)

Regarding fiber, I often have a low-carb whole wheat tortilla which happens to have a ton of fiber because I just can't eat enough veggies.  However, if the high protein is leading to constipation or painful BMs, try Miralax (or store-brand version) to keep things moving "smoothly" and regularly - lol, trying not to be too graphic.

My doc has my on that every day (I usually take a half dose for maintenance), and I've seen a bunch of folks on this forum do the same.  Huge relief, and super easy to take (I add to my morning coffee). Life is much nicer with a happy colon. :)

Keep up the good work!

Sandra F.
on 5/10/16 6:15 am

I recently started taking fiber supplements as I never could get enough.  I never had a problem with constipation before surgery, but unless I take this fiber, I do now.  But it is a small price to pay.  Glad to hear you are doing good.

Most Active
Recent Topics