New girly

glaciergirl
on 5/7/16 3:30 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site.  Was told a month ago by my Provider that i needed to do something drastic to help myself.  This was after very extensive bloodwork was completed.  Needless to say i was pretty upset but i have slowly worked to accepting it and understanding it.  I called one of two surgeons here in Anchorage and had my first appointment.  I have three months to get a long list of things done and I will be on my way.  I find support and conversation have always helped in my accomplishing a goal so thought this would fit right in for me!  I hope to learn a lot over the next three months from all of you and also meet some friends along the way.  Always open to ideas and suggestions on this journey we call life! thanks! A

Starting my new journey towards health!

yvonnef1964
on 5/7/16 5:18 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Welcome. I'm almost 21 months out, I be happy to answer any questions you have.

Cherie K.
on 5/7/16 5:18 pm - Hong Kong

Welcome to the group! I hope your journey will be smooth...

Darcy G.
on 5/7/16 8:43 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Welcome!

I second the notion: hope your process to surgery goes quick and easy, and that the surgery is all smooth sailing.

I don't have much advice yet--I'm still at the SUCK UP ALL THE ADVICE stage--just make sure to ask questions and draw the attention of medical people when something is wrong, no matter how silly it might seem. You know your body, and if any concern turns out to be nothing, the doctors and nurses are there to take care of you, so you're never wasting their time to ask, especially if it might help you!

:)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/16 3:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

This is the right place to be to get many of your questions answered!  I have found this site invaluable since I started working toward surgery over 7 months ago.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

LeapSecond
on 5/8/16 6:54 am - AR

Hello, welcome! This is a great place to gain information and support. My wife and I had VSG about 20 months ago on the same day and it has been life changing. This can be a new start and being well informed and focused will help you make the most of it. This site is a "go to" every morning for us and helps to start our day out in the right frame of mind. We lived in Eagle River and worked in Anchorage several years ago before moving back to the lower 48. We have fond memories of Alaska.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Sammy2929
on 5/9/16 8:58 am
VSG on 05/02/16

Welcome to the group!  I was just sleeved last week, 1 week ago today to be exact.  I had 6 months to prepare for my surgery and it went by so fast my head was spinning.  I am so thankful for this chance to be a normal person again, instead of one that hides out at home and skips invitations from friends because I am to embarrassed by myself.

Good luck.  Great, great support on this site.  Use it to your full advantage, good luck

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

Most Active
Recent Topics