Lack of hunger -- Cause of concern or celebration?

psychoticparrot
on 5/5/16 3:05 pm

Over the past few months I've been slowly whittling down my last 40 pounds to goal weight. For the first three months of the year my weight upped and downed a bit, but from the beginning of April, it's been dropping fairly fast. That's because I'm hardly ever hungry. I don't feel sick, exhausted, or in any way unwell. In fact, I feel great! I'm just not hungry. Quite a few times, I've had to eat a quarter cup of peanuts in the evening because my calorie count was way below 600. 

Is this a common phenomenon at 15 months post-op? Do I need to be worried? or just ride the gravy train?

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

hollykim
on 5/5/16 3:46 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 5, 2016 at 10:05 PM Pacific Time, psychoticparrot wrote:

Over the past few months I've been slowly whittling down my last 40 pounds to goal weight. For the first three months of the year my weight upped and downed a bit, but from the beginning of April, it's been dropping fairly fast. That's because I'm hardly ever hungry. I don't feel sick, exhausted, or in any way unwell. In fact, I feel great! I'm just not hungry. Quite a few times, I've had to eat a quarter cup of peanuts in the evening because my calorie count was way below 600. 

Is this a common phenomenon at 15 months post-op? Do I need to be worried? or just ride the gravy train?

psychoticparrot

I am six years out and am never hungry. I eat every three hours , by the clock, or I would starve to death.

Spencerella
on 5/5/16 4:10 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Nothing to be concerned about. My appetite waxed and waned quite a bit in the first couple of years and still does to some degree. Use this time to your advantage to get the last pounds off :-)

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

mmsmom
on 5/6/16 7:10 am - Woburn, MA

Honestly, for me eating has very little to do with actual hunger.  I would say enjoy it - for who knows how long that will last.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Dee R.
on 5/6/16 7:27 am - CA

I'm 17 months out and am NEVER hungry!  On the weekends, my Hubby has to MAKE me eat.  I just don't think about it.  Once I went a whole weekend without eating.  (BUSY weekend)  I paid for it on Monday though.  I felt like crap!!

Laura in Texas
on 5/6/16 8:43 am

Celebrate 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sandra F.
on 5/6/16 9:03 am

I WISH I had that problem.  Ride the train!!

Most Active
Recent Topics