First post op appointment

Stacey_C
on 5/4/16 12:49 pm
VSG on 04/25/16

Everything went well.  I've been getting in 62 grams of protein daily the last 3 days, 60 oz water and at least 1/2 cup broth each day.  I lost 6 pounds since surgery last week.  I had bounced up 4 pounds right after surgery so those came back off plus the additional 6.  Doc said they typically see more loss the first week but that as long as I am getting my fluids and protein in and following their approved liquid list not to be concerned, the numbers would work them self out. I was content with a 6 pound loss when I went in and am trying to still be content after hearing they usually see more.   Realistically I know there isn't anything more I could possibly do at this point.  My goal has been to be their most compliant patient ever so I have definitely  not consumed anything that would be an issue and haven't had a day yet where I made it to 600 calories so it's just a matter of being patient and trusting the process.  I told him t had been a long time since I had lost six pounds in a week so I would take it and keep following the plan. 

Darcy G.
on 5/4/16 1:00 pm, edited 5/4/16 6:14 am
VSG on 04/07/16

Prrsurgery, I couldn't lose more than 5lbs a month! 6 in a week sounds great. Plus, you're most likely still retaining water from the ordeal your innards have been put thru.

I walked out of the hospital a week later, 16 pounds heavier than my day of surgery. And this is probablyTMI, but I only started wearing undies again this week! Even the ones which were a size too big were painfully tight. (I also had complications, but I can't imagine you're not holding water for a while during healing process.

Congratulations on your protein/water victories! It can only help your healing :)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

obioxiupa
on 5/4/16 1:03 pm

I'm 10 days post op and down 6 lbs -  I'm happy with it!

luvmypuggies
on 5/4/16 1:42 pm

Just keep on keepin' on.  Everyone loses at different rates, so as long as your calories are at or below targe****er is good and protein is good, then the weight will have no choice but to come off. :)  The first few weeks are pretty wild anyway, including the famous three-week stall, so just settle in and keep the big picture in mind.  Sounds to me like you're doing great, so keep up the good work!!

Most Active
Recent Topics