Quick Update...

Darcy G.
on 5/1/16 3:13 am
VSG on 04/07/16

I'm not waiting around now without facts on why I should, instead of accepting that negative implication that I'm overreacting...

Bevcause that's my main complaint--how many people told me or suggested these complication symptoms were all *normal*, just my body changing after surgery that everyone goes thru. I'm sure people default to that stance because some people do have completely unreasonable ideas of the surgery recovery difficulty... But those pat answers implies that I'm just a big drama-llama, when in fact, I could've gotten treatment for the c.diff almost a week earlier and avoided a second hospital admittance if I had stood my ground and made people listen to me rather than trying to do things their way even tho I knew something was terribly wrong.

No one knows your body like you do, so I hope everyone will get that backbone to stand firm,  be their own  advocate, and as noisy as is needed to make people listen rather than doubt themselves and meekly submit. It's hard to do when you're already sick and weak, but it's woirth it.

Sorry, not ranting at you! This answer kinda became a springboard to the ideas and rantyrants.

Tl;Dr: I'm waiting now because my white cell count isn't high now, but if I get progressively worse again, I am going in swinging. I even quasi argued with the Urgent Care Dr(who I felt really finally listened to me today), demanded blood work and the IV, and explained all ways the pain happens and increases. Feeling positive about the current treatment. And adding defied beans to today's menu, since the new nausea medicine works better!

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

luvmypuggies
on 5/1/16 7:53 am

You're absolutely right.  People should listen to their GUT-instinct!!  :) :)

Most Active
Recent Topics