Soft Foods

ssmedlin
on 4/28/16 4:33 am
VSG on 04/15/16 with

I had my 2 wk appt on 4.26.16 and my doctor encouraged me to start trying soft foods. Since then, I tried the ricotta baked and refried beans with cheese. They were really really good, so good that my family ate it as well. I noticed that the 1/4 cup that they said I should eat is not doable. Anybody else getting really full really fast? Sometimes I feel miserable, the type of miserable that comes after eating thanksgiving dinner.  I'm eating slow and not drinking 30 minutes before and after. Any suggestions?

White Dove
on 4/28/16 4:45 am - Warren, OH

Don't overfill your sleeve.  It might take months to be able to eat the 1/4 cup.  Just eat what you are comfortable with.  It took me three months to be able to get in more than a spoonful or two.  The best thing is always to slightly undereat your sleeve.

Everyday the swelling in your new stomach goes down.  It is part of the healing process.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Allie16
on 4/28/16 6:50 am
VSG on 04/14/16

i get to start soft food tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes. Planning on trying exactly what you did. I know that with the yogurt and cottage cheese that I have been eating I do under 2oz at a time or I feel bad for hours (overdid it the first time). I think it just a process as our sleeves heal.

ssmedlin
on 4/28/16 7:04 am
VSG on 04/15/16 with

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your experience. 

Pookie01
on 4/28/16 10:00 am

I also had my 2 week check on the 26th and have not been able to get that 1/4 cup down as I get full really fast.   So I just do what I can.  They are still having me do two protein shakes a day to get the protein required.

Judy  5'5"  HW 298  SW 270

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/28/16 12:45 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Eat less.  At two weeks post op, your stomach is still very swollen.  A 1/4 cup of food is way too much at this point.  

Take it as slowly as possible.  As long as you get in your protein daily, you will be fine.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

luvmypuggies
on 4/28/16 7:44 pm

I would treat the 1/4C as a maximum, not a minimum.  If you fill up on less, that's wonderful - don't worry about it as long as you're getting your protein.  Take advantage of the honeymoon period while it lasts.

Your eyes and brain will adjust to much smaller portion sizes.  After two years, I still only eat half a carton of yogurt at a time - not very much!  I'm always shocked at how much "normal" people put on their plates these days, and don't even get me started on restaurant portions! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics