Head Hunger Bad Post Op Day 6

JP807
on 4/26/16 6:01 pm
VSG on 04/21/16

So close and this has been the worst I have felt....wanting to eat and just to get started living a normal life I guess.  I have to ground myself now. Need some advice on the next step for phase 2 and how I can get through it.

White Dove
on 4/26/16 8:42 pm - Warren, OH

Life will never be normal again.  Normal is what got us big enough for surgery.  There will be a new normal that will involve high protein, low carb, measuring, weighing and tracking food.  It is a lifestyle that can free us from the insane eating habits that ruined our lives and that will allow us to live as healthy, slim, happy and energetic beings.

Enjoy each phase of your journey and don't look at it as something you have to get through.  Spend your time thinking about the new clothes you will be able to fit into.  The new activities you will enjoy doing.  The admiration you will get from others as you grow slim and healthy.  This is the beginning of a fun new way of life.  Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Head hunger is a small part of this.  Concentrate on the good things to come.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

luvmypuggies
on 4/26/16 10:19 pm

I totally agree with White Dove's reply, and normal life will never be the "old normal" again. And you're absolute right - you have to ground yourself now.  This is not something to "get through" - it's learning a completely new way of relating to food, and it will benefit you to try to settle your mind and think of it as the beginning of a new experience/journey/adventure.  I was going to tell you "You can do anything for a week" (phase 2), but it's much more than that, because after phase 2, there is phase 3 and phase 4 and multiple less-defined phases, and finally the maintenance phase (the toughest of all).  

I know it's difficult getting through the liquids phase because it's so boring, but in the big scheme of things, a couple of weeks aren't very long, right?  Think "big picture" and keep your eyes on the prize!! :)  Hang in there!

Most Active
Recent Topics