My Eyes are still bigger

Kris R.
on 4/22/16 11:47 am - Walworth, NY

So, I went to the grocery store at lunch - yes I was hungry, but I was picking up some chili for my lunch.  So I grabbed my 8oz container and walked by the salad bar and said.... Oh.. self that would be good over some lettuce.. oh and self, add a tomato oh and self, how about some cheese.  oh and self, add a few of those nice chips, because you've been so good lately.  Well, I got back to work, took out my lunch and grumbled.  All I ate was 1/2 the chili.  I know better - what was I thinking?  I wasn't..  bad habits are hard to break.  At least I didn't eat it or try to, but there I go again wasting food.  

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Get your exercise in and keep up the good work.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/22/16 12:32 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

You have a salad for late though :-)  I understand, it feels weird sometimes looking at my plate with so much white.  I look at my husband's plate or my friend and then back at mine and it feels a little weird.  It's not a big deal though, I am eating what I need to.  Honestly I'm most thankful for my plate now looking like theirs.  Such as I have my 3oz fish and 1oz veggie and that's what they are having rather than I'm having yogurt LOL.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

ubserved
on 4/22/16 4:49 pm

I still fill up a plate at home more often or not, then I put what I don't eat into a container and nuke it whenever I have it later. I admit I toss away so much food as it goes bad before I get back to it sometimes. It's just a case of it is what it is. I know the feeling on well, a little of this, oh and look at that, I'll take a spoonful of that too, and before you know it. You have two pounds of food on your plate. That's okay, knowing when to stop eating it more important than knowing when to stop putting food on your plate. Leftovers are not a bad thing at all. Good luck.

-Flo-
on 4/22/16 6:24 pm
DS on 04/11/16

My eyes are always bigger than my stomach. 

Sandra F.
on 4/25/16 6:31 am

The second Thanksgiving after my surgery I unconsciously started loading my plate up like I would have pre-surgery.  Half way through, I realized what I was doing and that there was no way I could eat everything I had put on my plate and then I stopped.  It takes a while for our minds to catch up with our bodies. 

Most Active
Recent Topics