I feel so much regret

Maureen K.
on 4/23/16 6:45 am

Oh so sorry hang in there been there too. I can remember thinking those exact words what have I done to myself. People would ask me a couple months out are you glad I did it and I would respond ask me in 6 months well guess what 6 months later I was shouting from the roof top wanting to let all my fat friends know there really is help the best thing I ever did - I am now 8 years post op and have only gained back over the years 5 pounds of my 100 pound loss . So hang in there it truly gets better and i am still shouting the best thing I ever did but just remember it is not magic and you have to work hard at it. And I know I should not tell anyone this but No i dod not exercise never did to lose the weight I should but I don't. 

Cheers 

Best to you on your journey 

Mo

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/16 2:20 pm
VSG on 04/12/16

Will I ever be able to eat rice again? I've seen all over that rice is forbidden after the sleeve. 

Maureen K.
on 4/24/16 6:27 am

Yes but very little I loved rice before surgery and love it now however I can only eat about two tablespoons of it - it continues to expand so I really have to be careful . But yes I believe you will eat again - I did not eat it until about 1.5 years out ?

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Lemily
on 4/27/16 10:40 am
VSG on 01/16/14

It will go away...I promise. Give yourself some time, give it some patience. Food and eating become second to everything else in your life. Especially once you start shedding those pounds and really looking yourself in the mirror. Don't give up and don't slide back, just look forward and keep doing what you are supposed to be doing!

I agree with the other poster's hormone dumping it may be that. Or its just the mental struggle of "why did I do this". Whatever it is, keep your focus.

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/16 7:18 pm
VSG on 04/12/16

It's amazing how a week can change me emotionally. I am feeling so much better. I no longer have those feelings of "why". Although I didn't have health problems, I got the surgery to make sure I stay healthy and not have an obesity related problem. That is more important than eating.

Most Active
Recent Topics