GAINING WEIGHT??!

ubserved
on 4/21/16 3:54 pm

You can do it in the evening....take one dose, and in my case, over the next 4 hours or so, it was like 4-5 trips to the bathroom. I swear I felt like I passed every meal I had ever ate since birth. Sorry for the TMI, but I will say it was highly effective, only had to take the one dose. I haven't had to use it since. Saving the rest for if anyone I knows plays a prank on me, my payback will all be highly effective. 8)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/20/16 12:37 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

How much water are you drinking each day?  Are you tracking everything you eat using an app like My Fitness Pal?

At one month post surgery, you shouldn't be gaining weight.  If I had to venture a guess, I'd say you're probably not drinking enough fluids.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

BREE_
on 4/20/16 12:51 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

yes im using the app to track everything.. and i get in abt 32oz of water a day i know it should be more but its kind of hard for me the 64oz with the protein on top of tht

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/20/16 12:56 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

32 ounces of water is NOT ENOUGH.  You need fluids to flush out your body.  Minimum per my surgeon is 64 ounces per day.

This is important because you need to avoid becoming dehydrated.  Did your surgeon's office give you any guidelines to follow?

If you have to drink water in small sips all day long, DO IT.  You are risking your health.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/20/16 4:51 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Well you did just have surgery a few weeks ago. Everyone heals at different rates, maybe your body is just taking longer to get rid of the stuff that was given during surgery., & the trauma of surgery.

At any rate I doubt you gained 8lbs based on what you're eating. Your body takes awhile to get used to its new "normal", its probably water weight. Stay away from the scale if its messin with your head.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NYMom222
on 4/20/16 5:14 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

At one month out you need to be getting your 64oz in of fluids. It is hard...I had to set a schedule to get it all in... pretty much for my whole first year. It is important, and can effect weight loss...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

hollykim
on 4/20/16 5:45 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 20, 2016 at 5:58 PM Pacific Time, BREE_ wrote:

So im 1month out tomrrw and as soon as i was cleared to eat sofa foods i started gaining weight i gained 8lbs!! has this happen to anyone else?? and honestly im not eating nothing bad i cant even finish 1 egg..im wondering if anyone else went threw this? any advice? very much appericated! its kind of messing with me i steps on the scale and had gained 8lbs  

what does a typical days menu look like for you?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/21/16 2:13 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I wasn't able to eat a full egg until at least 9 months post op. Don't push on volume.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics